TMDSAS application questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSimon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I decided to make the switch from medical to dental after alot of careful consideration and want to get some input on my application.

First off technically I am a second time TMDSAS applicant but not to the dental schools. On the first couple of tabs it asks to include schools I have applied to before, is it even relevant to include the medical schools that I applied to even though I am not this time and only applying to dental schools? My thinking was that it would show that I am not a first time applicant and have heard that previous applicants are considered more than first time apps.

Also should I include the medical experience? Otherwise it looks like I didnt do anything for 4 years...?

As for actually submitting my app when is the correct time to do it? I am planning on taking the DAT at the end of the month, and my transcripts and letters are on their way. Do I need to wait till everything is in and it shows that TMDSAS has received everything? or can I go ahead and submit since it takes about a month just for them to process it?

Members don't see this ad.

So I decided to make the switch from medical to dental after alot of careful consideration and want to get some input on my application.

First off technically I am a second time TMDSAS applicant but not to the dental schools. On the first couple of tabs it asks to include schools I have applied to before, is it even relevant to include the medical schools that I applied to even though I am not this time and only applying to dental schools? My thinking was that it would show that I am not a first time applicant and have heard that previous applicants are considered more than first time apps.

Also should I include the medical experience? Otherwise it looks like I didnt do anything for 4 years...?

As for actually submitting my app when is the correct time to do it? I am planning on taking the DAT at the end of the month, and my transcripts and letters are on their way. Do I need to wait till everything is in and it shows that TMDSAS has received everything? or can I go ahead and submit since it takes about a month just for them to process it?

I would do it now and just tell the truth in a smart way.