TMDSAS application questions

RSimon

Oct 16, 2009
San Antonio TX
www.facebook.com
  1. Dental Student
    So I decided to make the switch from medical to dental after alot of careful consideration and want to get some input on my application.

First off technically I am a second time TMDSAS applicant but not to the dental schools. On the first couple of tabs it asks to include schools I have applied to before, is it even relevant to include the medical schools that I applied to even though I am not this time and only applying to dental schools? My thinking was that it would show that I am not a first time applicant and have heard that previous applicants are considered more than first time apps.

Also should I include the medical experience? Otherwise it looks like I didnt do anything for 4 years...?

As for actually submitting my app when is the correct time to do it? I am planning on taking the DAT at the end of the month, and my transcripts and letters are on their way. Do I need to wait till everything is in and it shows that TMDSAS has received everything? or can I go ahead and submit since it takes about a month just for them to process it?

robotZER0

5+ Year Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    1. Pre-Dental
      So I decided to make the switch from medical to dental after alot of careful consideration and want to get some input on my application.

First off technically I am a second time TMDSAS applicant but not to the dental schools. On the first couple of tabs it asks to include schools I have applied to before, is it even relevant to include the medical schools that I applied to even though I am not this time and only applying to dental schools? My thinking was that it would show that I am not a first time applicant and have heard that previous applicants are considered more than first time apps.

Also should I include the medical experience? Otherwise it looks like I didnt do anything for 4 years...?

As for actually submitting my app when is the correct time to do it? I am planning on taking the DAT at the end of the month, and my transcripts and letters are on their way. Do I need to wait till everything is in and it shows that TMDSAS has received everything? or can I go ahead and submit since it takes about a month just for them to process it?

I would do it now and just tell the truth in a smart way.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.