Mar 19, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi

So after submitting my application to TMDSAS it calculated my BCPM GPA. However, this GPA is lower than I calculated (didn't use +/-). Will the GPA most likely change once they receive my transcript and process my application? Are some courses not included in their calculations? Should I reach out?

Thank you for your help.

Feb 5, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Where are you finding your TMDSAS calculated BCPM GPA? I didn't know that was even something you could look at... Always thought that was something you had to calculate on your own. Are you sure you aren't looking at prescribed coursework? That only includes your prerequisites, so not all of your science classes will be on there.

Jun 6, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Where are you finding your TMDSAS calculated BCPM GPA? I didn't know that was even something you could look at... Always thought that was something you had to calculate on your own. Are you sure you aren't looking at prescribed coursework? That only includes your prerequisites, so not all of your science classes will be on there.
When you login to the application portal, there's a PCR button that shows all of your classes and GPA calculations.

About the Ads
Mar 19, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
You can click [status] of your application and scroll to the bottom. It shows a break down between overall, science, undergrad, etc.

Reactions: 1 user

wysdoc

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
The Lone Star State
Status
  1. Attending Physician
Hi

So after submitting my application to TMDSAS it calculated my BCPM GPA. However, this GPA is lower than I calculated (didn't use +/-). Will the GPA most likely change once they receive my transcript and process my application? Are some courses not included in their calculations? Should I reach out?

Thank you for your help.
They may not have included all the classes you did in their calculation (only certain science classes qualify).
Don't worry, they also present your GPA semester by semester, BCPM and non-science, and overall.
You are correct, TMDSAS ignores all pluses and minuses when calculating GPA, whereas AMCAS does not.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads