TMDSAS GPA concern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

islandergal

Reaction score
Hi

So after submitting my application to TMDSAS it calculated my BCPM GPA. However, this GPA is lower than I calculated (didn't use +/-). Will the GPA most likely change once they receive my transcript and process my application? Are some courses not included in their calculations? Should I reach out?

Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you finding your TMDSAS calculated BCPM GPA? I didn't know that was even something you could look at... Always thought that was something you had to calculate on your own. Are you sure you aren't looking at prescribed coursework? That only includes your prerequisites, so not all of your science classes will be on there.

Where are you finding your TMDSAS calculated BCPM GPA? I didn't know that was even something you could look at... Always thought that was something you had to calculate on your own. Are you sure you aren't looking at prescribed coursework? That only includes your prerequisites, so not all of your science classes will be on there.
When you login to the application portal, there's a PCR button that shows all of your classes and GPA calculations.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can click [status] of your application and scroll to the bottom. It shows a break down between overall, science, undergrad, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi

So after submitting my application to TMDSAS it calculated my BCPM GPA. However, this GPA is lower than I calculated (didn't use +/-). Will the GPA most likely change once they receive my transcript and process my application? Are some courses not included in their calculations? Should I reach out?

Thank you for your help.
They may not have included all the classes you did in their calculation (only certain science classes qualify).
Don't worry, they also present your GPA semester by semester, BCPM and non-science, and overall.
You are correct, TMDSAS ignores all pluses and minuses when calculating GPA, whereas AMCAS does not.

Reactions: 1 user