I am really fortunate to have pre-matched into UTSW. I was all set to rank them first until I was surprised with an interview with Dell. I really loved the curriculum and it ties in with my activities in undergrad, so now I am stumped as they both seem pretty good to me. As a background, I am not super sure what specialty I want to go into but I could potentially see myself in competitive fields like radiology or neurosurg based on my background. I am also interested in healthcare leadership and/or policy work.
- Better for specialty care, great home programs
- Research powerhouse, lots of opportunities in clinical and basic science
- Established track record of matching into good places.
- Dallas is pretty good.
- Cons ??
- Really loved the curriculum, especially because their masters' programs fit my interests in policy/leadership
- Not very established, so not sure if I'll have trouble matching into competitive fields, but so far looks okay.
- Not much in research beyond what the undergrad offers
- Austin is amazing