To ADAT or not to ADAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jshilkof

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying to Endodontic residency programs for the 2019 cycle. Looks like about half of the schools that I planned on applying to require ADAT. This is somewhat concerning to me due to the fact that I have been out of school and in practice for about 12 years. This information has become a bit rusty and the testing base seems pretty broad. I don’t know that studying for a month or two will yield better results. Furthermore, I have a busy practice to tend to and 2 little children at home. In looking at programs there are numerous conflicting sources as far as the ADAT requirement is concerned. I have called the 7 schools I plan on applying to to verify the ADAT requirement. With some schools it differed from their webpage, direct correspondence with program director, pass application, ada, and aae. Does anyone have a running list of programs that will not require ADAT for the 2019 cycle? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't take the ADAT for last year's admission cycle and had interview invites from:
-U of Iowa
-U of Minnesota
-Ohio State
-Marquette
-Indiana U
-SLU
-West Virginia U
-U of Florida
-Nova
-UConn
-BU

*Granted, some of those schools may have opted to require it for the upcoming cycle, so always triple check with program directors.
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user