To all the alternates/waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard any news? Has anyone been contacted and pulled off their alternate/waitlists? Figured this would maybe get us some good news and positive thoughts for those who are in the situation!

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder which schools have pretty high chance of getting in from the alternate list while others have a lot of ppl in there so that it's pretty much no hope... :confused:
btw, I'm in California

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder which schools have pretty high chance of getting in from the alternate list while others have a lot of ppl in there so that it's pretty much no hope... :confused:
btw, I'm in California

If you applied to USC, they interview 500 applicants and accept 300 to fill their class of 144 students. So I guess the chances of getting in off of the alternate list at USC is not very promising.

Wow, then they put about 200 ppl on the waitlist and reject eh? :scared:

Wow, then they put about 200 ppl on the waitlist and reject eh? :scared:

They say everyone is put on the "alternate list" and then they will fill their class using that list. And yes, you are correct about 200 interviewees are rejected. That's a high number, but they interview a lot of applicants.

Nothing yet. Waitlisted at UCLA, Pitt and Western.

Still waiting on UNLV and BU to get back to me, haven't been waitlisted, rejected or accepted at those 2 schools.

If you guys are holding an extra spot at any of these schools, I kindly request you to retract your application so it can open room for us hopefuls, that spend every few seconds of the day waiting for that acceptance email/phone call.

I am waitlisted at NYU, Nova, Indiana and Case. Haven't heard much lately, hopefully some good news from Nova tomorrow. Not really sure how much more movement is going to happen at the other schools. Does anybody know when second deposits are due for indiana, nyu and case?

NYU second deposit was 4/1.

I'm WL'ed at USC and Penn. I am not too sure on how the Penn WL system operates.

Forget to say that I am currently an alternate at Marquette. I think most movement off waitlists will occur in May/June as people need to make a decision and most prereqs are checked off at that point by schools.

I got pulled off of UF's waitlist on April 1st. I was getting ready to reapply and all. I am not sure about any other school but they said we had a chance all up until orientation. It does happen for people to withdraw even after putting down deposits. Few even do so at the last minute. Stay strong guys but definitely prepare for next cycle while you are waiting. Best of luck to all!

I just withdrew from U of L on Tuesday because I just got accepted to OSU so someone will get that spot! I had the deposit down and everything