To all those DAT haters...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alliekat423

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Through my application process to dental school I visited this site occasionally. Some information I found to be very useful, but much of it I found to be very discouraging. There was way to much of the "you will NEVER get in with those scores", and "schools are definately looking for this", and "schools are looking for DAT scores in the 20s". Well, I thought I would never make it in with my DAT scores, and I didn't the first go-round. But with a little more studying I got them up just a tad (but was still worried about them, especially due to said haters) and am now rocking out to two acceptances, one being the school I really wanted to go to. It all really does depend on the whole package. Here are my DAT scores for all those who need a little hope:

First ones: Second Ones:
AA: 16 17
PA: 17 18
QR: 14 14
RC: 21 19
BIO: 16 19
OC: 16 18
GC: 16 17
TS: 16 18

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! Studentdoctor needs more people like you because the overachieving crowd is way overrepresented here.

Congrats, where you going!?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats, where are your acceptances at and where are you from?

Excellent!! Keep up the good work and God bless you in D-school! It's a testament to the fact that others can be discouraging, but if you press forward hard enough and pray, smiles are on the other side.

what school?

Through my application process to dental school I visited this site occasionally. Some information I found to be very useful, but much of it I found to be very discouraging. There was way to much of the "you will NEVER get in with those scores", and "schools are definately looking for this", and "schools are looking for DAT scores in the 20s". Well, I thought I would never make it in with my DAT scores, and I didn't the first go-round. But with a little more studying I got them up just a tad (but was still worried about them, especially due to said haters) and am now rocking out to two acceptances, one being the school I really wanted to go to. It all really does depend on the whole package. Here are my DAT scores for all those who need a little hope:

I got an invite from Louisville and VCU (i definately think it will be VCU for me). I'm from Roanoke, VA (Southwest, VA)...WE NEED DENTISTS!!:thumbup:

You got accepted to both VCU and Louisville?

I got an invite from Louisville and VCU (i definately think it will be VCU for me). I'm from Roanoke, VA (Southwest, VA)...WE NEED DENTISTS!!:thumbup:

first of all, we do not know anything about you. are you with the army? are you male or female? are you a minority? do you have a masters? good GPA?

if you take out that one bad section the DAT scores are not so bad. Schools love 20+, ive racked up many acceptances!!!

Yes, I got an invite from both Louisville and VCU.

You are right, lollipop999. I would definately have liked to get 20s on my DAT, and I would encourage anyone to shoot for those scores. I gave it my best shot (studied all summer and was actually glad for the improvements I made). I just wanted to put it out their that mediocre scores (and one really low score) aren't necessarily an automatic limiting factor. I am female, not a minority, not with the army, I do not have a masters, and my GPA is a 3.84.

I had low DAT scores as well. It's nice to know that we are writing those intangibles for something. All schools have yet to contact me back except one, which granted me acceptance.