To All Waitlisted Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

red-corvette

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, this question is a little complicated, if anyone other than waitlisted students has any advice, please chime in.

For everyone who has been accepted to one school and waitlisted to another, what have you done/are you doing about financial aid? Does applying for and accepting financial aid at the school you are already accepted to negate your chances of getting financial aid package at the waitlisted school ??? (if they accept you this summer)

Maybe someone who has been pulled off the waitlist at the last minute from last year would have some advice about how to handle this. Thank You!!

Members don't see this ad.

In terms of financial aid, I probably won't qualify for anything, but I still plan on taking out the 100k+ in loans anyways. I have NO idea what i'm going to do if I pay the tuition for the school I'm going to now but then get off the waitlist at another...

I don't think you should worry about that right now. Generaly financial aid offer are made a little later in June and they will give you like a month toi accept the offer so you have time to decide.
And if you accept an offer from a college that won't jeopardize your chances at another. you just have to cancell afterward.

You can't get aid at two schools. Last year I applied to a pharmacy school and didnt get in, but they still processed my aid and made up an aid package for me (weird I know). So my undergrad school called me to see what was going on. I had to cancel my aid package at the pharmacy school to ensure I would get financial aid at my undergrad school where I finished up my degree. Fun stuff :)