To all you LURKING FRESHMEN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ski89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some advise to those of you who have a few years before taking the MCAT. It is really just common sense but I think it might be helpful to keep in mind.

This is the mother of all secrets on how to do great on the mcat. ready, here it is.

STUDY YOUR ASS OFF. seriously. Having an excellent content base going into your MCAT studies will do wonders for you. Not only that, but guess what, GPA is important too.

Ask yourself, how bad do you want to be a doctor? If you want it bad enough it will show in your studies. Take the mindset of a professional student, not your typical college student who is more interested in what is happening on Friday night. Take some pride in your studies, see yourself as a professional, you will get joy and satisfaction from this. This is your life, your future career that you will dedicate the majority of your life to. You are walking into a competitive field of people like me who absolutely love medicine and dedicate themselves day in and day out to that end. You can be one of them if you choose but you must want it more than anything else.

Freshmen, you have a clean slate, dont waste it, make the most of every day. Ask yourself, what have I done today that furthers my dream to become a doctor?

Members don't see this ad.

I was one of those lurkers...and I spent an extra year stressing out about the mcat because of it! Bad decision! I wasn't a freshmen though

Also, you need to adapt and overcome! You will understand what I mean when the time comes.