to any fmg in neuro

Started by drssr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drssr

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey there!i need some advice.i am a non US citizen fmg who will be appyimg for the neuro match this may and want to start my pgy1 in 2006.i need to know-
1.how many programs should i apply to?since i need to "make sure" that i will get into a residency program,i also want to apply to some IM programs,in order to be on the safe side.so what would be a good estimate of the no of neuro and prelims programs that i should apply to to.
2.in case you need to know my credentials-2003 grad,step one 88% expecting my step two scores any time now.will be joining a research group in neuro in my home country.will be taking my cs and step 3 before the interview season.
really need the advice! 🙂
 
Hey--I'm an IMG, so check out my previous posts to see where i interviewed, applied etc...I'll probably be able to tell you more after match day. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Good luck!
 
[hey drgirl!thank you soooo much for that. i will check out all your msgs,and will get back to you if i have any queries.again thank you sooo much!!!goodluck for the match day!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[hey drgirl!if you dont mind my asking you ,what are your credentials??for ex-usmle scores(pls!!),year of graduation.could you fll me up on what you think seem to be the req,which i understand are not uniform.it would help.thanks! 🙂
 
hey-- i don't mind telling you my credentials at all, but i think it's better i pm you, it's kinda a sensitive issue around here now! will get back to you soon.
 
[hey drgirl,no probs.let me know as and when you think it is appropriate.i understand how sensitive this has gotten!!goodluck!
 
Hey there -- I'm also an IMG, although I'm a US Citizen... I'd be happy to tell you more about scores/number of programs I've applied to/where I've interviewed. You can check out my previous posts as well and I'd be happy to answer more specific questions if you PM me 🙂
 
hey there!thank you for that.its really great to know that there are people who care enough to reply to msgs!1 🙂 will go through your posts and will get back to you and drgirl,as and when i have queries.if you dont mind could you share your credentials with me-through a pvt msg.just want to get some facts right so i can make a rough estimate of my chances!!!!!thanks again.goodluck with the match!
 
No problem, I'd be happy to answer your questions. I know how difficult it can be to get info like this. PM me. 🙂