To anyone who has done a college interview...

CrazyboyMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to have two on-site decision interviews for two universities soon.

To anyone who has done a college interview, what tips can you give me?

What sort of questions did they ask?

How do I differentiate myself from the other applicants that are interviewing?

How can I exemplify my interest in healthcare during this interview?

Thank you everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

College interviews don't matter. They exist so that alumni feel like they're staying involved and are more likely to donate to the school. It's very unlikely the interview will help you, and as long as you don't come off as an ass, it's not going to hurt you either.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
College interviews don't matter.
I'd add to this it is probably valuable to the school for 1) screening out the mega uncomfortable/inappropriate weirdos or 2) predicting better yield on you because it demonstrates some genuine interest, compared to people that couldn't be bothered to do it.

Just be yourself (as long as yourself is normal). The fact that you did the interview is the only thing that is likely to matter at all to admissions committee

Reactions: 1 user
College interviews don't matter. They exist so that alumni feel like they're staying involved and are more likely to donate to the school. It's very unlikely the interview will help you, and as long as you don't come off as an ass, it's not going to hurt you either.

True if your interviewer is an alumnus (fairly common). If your interviewer is a current student (more common), be more professional than your friends, but imagine they're thinking "would I want to go to school with and be friends with this person?"

True if your interviewer is an alumnus (fairly common). If your interviewer is a current student (more common), be more professional than your friends, but imagine they're thinking "would I want to go to school with and be friends with this person?"
Granted this was like 7 years ago but I had college interviews for like 6 or 7 schools (all ivy and/or top 10) and all of them were alumni, not current students

Reactions: 1 user