To everyone who's preparing for the DAT in the near future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellofuturedentists

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Relax!!
You will do better than you are expecting. If you're on SDN looking for advice, it means you care enough about this test to try your best, and you will exceed your score expectations. Practice tests and questions (Bootcamp, Kaplan, Destroyer etc) were designed to be more difficult than the majority of the actual thing!
You know more than you think you do. That little random bio fact that you read 2 weeks ago? You'll remember it on test day if it comes up. Best part is, the DAT is multiple choice. So even if you can't recall every species in Phylum Cnidaria, you can easily pick out which one doesn't belong.
Also, try to limit your time on SDN. Seeing 26AA all over the place isn't healthy for your mental state right now. Before my DAT, I only let myself check SDN once a day for a few minutes. It helps.

Again, you will do well. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Laying here awake with the DAT hanging over my head, decide to check SDN, and this is what I see. Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're awesome!
And I TOTALLY agree! SDN represents a LOT of people who are SUPER neurotic about testing and where they stand (myself included). Just the fact that you care enough to torture yourself in this forum, in my eyes, puts you ahead of the pack. I know of so many people who take this test on a whim, who are nowhere near as prepared as you are. Some get lucky, most don't. I think most people post their scores/breakdowns to be helpful, and I've always been glad there's gracious and humble voices out there from YOUR future colleagues telling you that this CAN be done!

Be brave, everyone! You ABSOLUTELY can do this!

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks for this post! I'm a re-taker and a non-traditional student (if there is one in dental school), so I've been very anxious. However, I will begin my formal studying on Monday, and I know the key concept to success is to RELAX and just do it! :) Thanks again and enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for this post! I'm a re-taker and a non-traditional student (if there is one in dental school), so I've been very anxious. However, I will begin my formal studying on Monday, and I know the key concept to success is to RELAX and just do it! :) Thanks again and enjoy your weekend!
That's true! And since you've already done it before, you know exactly what to expect. Enjoy your weekend , too and good luck in your studying!

This was quite uplifting to read.

Ive literally just been waking up, eating breakfast, and heading straight to my desk until i go to sleep. Then repeat...
What is sunlight?

Reactions: 1 user
Bump because people still appear to be freaking out (although that probably won't ever change) :)
If anyone has already taken the DAT and also wants to post words of encouragement here, like SenoritaKorea did, definitely do it!