• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

tictaq

Never Follow
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys I have a question:

I was supposed to interview today at WVU (I'm an OOS) but my flight to Pittsburgh got canceled. They gave me another date later in February but I want to know if it is actually worth it to go since statistics say that 95% of their class is instate students.

Thanks in advance

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
gave me another date later in February but I want to know if it is actually worth it to go since statistics say that 95% of their class is instate students.
Would you go if you were accepted? If so, go.

The fact that 95% of their class is instate students means nothing. Last year, they interviewed 140 OOS students and accepted 85. You won't find odds better than that at most schools.

GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

The fact that 95% of their class is instate students means nothing. Last year, they interviewed 140 OOS students and accepted 85. You won't find odds better than that at most schools.

I agree with notdeadyet!

About the Ads

beegeforty4

Water is hydrophilic.
10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2006
Status (Visible)

I'm not sure where you got your information from, but from the little pamphlet they gave me for turning in a secondary application, WVU states that of the class of 110, only 40 of them were out of state. This comes from 184 non-residents that interviewed.

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Classyville
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm not sure where you got your information from, but from the little pamphlet they gave me for turning in a secondary application, WVU states that of the class of 110, only 40 of them were out of state. This comes from 184 non-residents that interviewed.
40 matriculants. Schools accept more than matriculate since people turn down offers. It's possible they had 85 OOS acceptances.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
40 matriculants. Schools accept more than matriculate since people turn down offers. It's possible they had 85 OOS acceptances.
Ding! For OOS last year they had 140 interview for 85 acceptances and 43 matriculants.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.