to go to WVU or not to go

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tictaq

Never Follow
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question:

I was supposed to interview today at WVU (I'm an OOS) but my flight to Pittsburgh got canceled. They gave me another date later in February but I want to know if it is actually worth it to go since statistics say that 95% of their class is instate students.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

gave me another date later in February but I want to know if it is actually worth it to go since statistics say that 95% of their class is instate students.
Would you go if you were accepted? If so, go.

The fact that 95% of their class is instate students means nothing. Last year, they interviewed 140 OOS students and accepted 85. You won't find odds better than that at most schools.

The fact that 95% of their class is instate students means nothing. Last year, they interviewed 140 OOS students and accepted 85. You won't find odds better than that at most schools.

I agree with notdeadyet!

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm not sure where you got your information from, but from the little pamphlet they gave me for turning in a secondary application, WVU states that of the class of 110, only 40 of them were out of state. This comes from 184 non-residents that interviewed.

I'm not sure where you got your information from, but from the little pamphlet they gave me for turning in a secondary application, WVU states that of the class of 110, only 40 of them were out of state. This comes from 184 non-residents that interviewed.
40 matriculants. Schools accept more than matriculate since people turn down offers. It's possible they had 85 OOS acceptances.

40 matriculants. Schools accept more than matriculate since people turn down offers. It's possible they had 85 OOS acceptances.
Ding! For OOS last year they had 140 interview for 85 acceptances and 43 matriculants.