To HES students...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jazzyjaz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I wanted to know if you attend HES and do well in the program what are your chances of getting acceptance to Harvard medical school? How many HES students get accepted to the medical school? I know this sounds lame but i really want to go to Harvard med school and was wondering if i stood a chance after successfully completing HES post bacc program. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I wanted to know if you attend HES and do well in the program what are your chances of getting acceptance to Harvard medical school? How many HES students get accepted to the medical school? I know this sounds lame but i really want to go to Harvard med school and was wondering if i stood a chance after successfully completing HES post bacc program. thanks!

Hmmm...from potential dental/carribean student to Harvard Med? Anyway...
One of the members of Harvard Meds admissions committee spoke to the HES students last year. Although successful HES applicants (emphasis on successful) are looked upon favorably, there is no linkage between HES and Harvard Med. It's clear from the profiles of those who are addmitted to Harvard Med that admission is similar to Harvard College admission; in that in addition to great academics (GPA/MCAT), they really look for steller extracurricular activities, which HES cannot help you with.

There are no official numbers of who goes where after they complete the program, but I'd call the director Bill Fixsen if you want more information on the program in general.

Hmmm...from potential dental/carribean student to Harvard Med? Anyway...

A girl can dream cant she? ;) I am debating on what to do this year apply Carribean or go to a postbac at HES Im just dont want to do a post bac and then regret that i "wasted" two yrs of my life if i dont get accepted. After reading several posts on Carribean schools some for the schools others against but several wishing they had done a post bacc instead. My stats as of now are: 3.5 gpa- after completion of this quarter...VERY upward trend especially in the past 2 yrs. Research for 2.5 yrs with 2 publications 1 scholarship president and founding officer of pre-health council volunteered at free clinic 2 yrs Habitat for Humanity 3 summers I can go on but im sure your getting bored of reading this so ill just stop. Oh and im taking the MCAT in Jan.

I have been reading about Post baccs and the reason for me wanting to go to HES is one its the cheapest and two i have family living in the area so i wont be paying rent