To late for UCBSO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rusunn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there,

Is it too late to apply for UCBSO and what would be my chances if i did? I am currently missing 3 UCBSO pre-req courses and have a C- in cal 1. I have an overall GPA of 3.6 and TS 400 AA370. As for my experience in optometry, I shadowed a doctor for 3 weeks and she knows me well enough to write a recommendation but, other than that, i dont have any other experiences in the field. Would it be a waste of 50 bucks to apply?? Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Rusunn said:
hi there,

Is it too late to apply for UCBSO and what would be my chances if i did? I am currently missing 3 UCBSO pre-req courses and have a C- in cal 1. I have an overall GPA of 3.6 and TS 400 AA370. As for my experience in optometry, I shadowed a doctor for 3 weeks and she knows me well enough to write a recommendation but, other than that, i dont have any other experiences in the field. Would it be a waste of 50 bucks to apply?? Thanks for the advice!

I know nothing about UCBSO, but just by reading your post I think you should apply. Your GPA and OAT are great, and with good recommendations I think you would be competitive. Apply ASAP!

Kristene9 said:
I know nothing about UCBSO, but just by reading your post I think you should apply. Your GPA and OAT are great, and with good recommendations I think you would be competitive. Apply ASAP!

yes definitely apply before the deadline. you'll be great!