To late for UCBSO?

Started by Rusunn
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rusunn

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi there,

Is it too late to apply for UCBSO and what would be my chances if i did? I am currently missing 3 UCBSO pre-req courses and have a C- in cal 1. I have an overall GPA of 3.6 and TS 400 AA370. As for my experience in optometry, I shadowed a doctor for 3 weeks and she knows me well enough to write a recommendation but, other than that, i dont have any other experiences in the field. Would it be a waste of 50 bucks to apply?? Thanks for the advice!
 
Rusunn said:
hi there,

Is it too late to apply for UCBSO and what would be my chances if i did? I am currently missing 3 UCBSO pre-req courses and have a C- in cal 1. I have an overall GPA of 3.6 and TS 400 AA370. As for my experience in optometry, I shadowed a doctor for 3 weeks and she knows me well enough to write a recommendation but, other than that, i dont have any other experiences in the field. Would it be a waste of 50 bucks to apply?? Thanks for the advice!

I know nothing about UCBSO, but just by reading your post I think you should apply. Your GPA and OAT are great, and with good recommendations I think you would be competitive. Apply ASAP!
 
Kristene9 said:
I know nothing about UCBSO, but just by reading your post I think you should apply. Your GPA and OAT are great, and with good recommendations I think you would be competitive. Apply ASAP!

yes definitely apply before the deadline. you'll be great!