To PCO Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureeyedoc8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a pre-optometry student who has an interview at PCO on Friday October 5th. I was wondering if there were any students who could tell me a good place to stay near the campus and a good way to get from the airport to the hotel as well as the hotel to the campus? I do not know what the best method is for commuting...a cab may be expensive, but I wouldn't know which routes/bus stops to take if I were to take the subway/bus. Any advice? Any messages/responses would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

you can stay near the airport (The marriott at the airport would be the best since it's AT the airport you can just walk to it after you get off your flight, and it comes with free breakfast, i think). that will eliminate any costs/ hassels from traveling from the airport to the hotel, or for you to have to take the shuttle from the hotel to the airport to get on the train. take the SEPTA train to the jenkintown station directly, about a half hour train ride. the school is about a 5 minute walk from the station. it's 8 or 10 dollars per way. that or you can rent a car for just one day pick up at the airport the day of your interview and drop off that night to avoid parking costs. both options cost about the same i'd personally go w/ the rental car option. good luck!

for hotels i usually get it through priceline, and look at the flash sales (the one where you don't have to bid) usually there are great deals there and if you do your research you can pretty much figure out which hotel is the 'mystery' hotel you are getting.

you can stay near the airport (The marriott at the airport would be the best since it's AT the airport you can just walk to it after you get off your flight, and it comes with free breakfast, i think). that will eliminate any costs/ hassels from traveling from the airport to the hotel, or for you to have to take the shuttle from the hotel to the airport to get on the train. take the SEPTA train to the jenkintown station directly, about a half hour train ride. the school is about a 5 minute walk from the station. it's 8 or 10 dollars per way. that or you can rent a car for just one day pick up at the airport the day of your interview and drop off that night to avoid parking costs. both options cost about the same i'd personally go w/ the rental car option. good luck!

for hotels i usually get it through priceline, and look at the flash sales (the one where you don't have to bid) usually there are great deals there and if you do your research you can pretty much figure out which hotel is the 'mystery' hotel you are getting.

Yep, this is good advice.

I only say this because your question has already been answered...
it's time to start being independent and research this on your own.

Not only does the school provide you transportation/hotel information, it's also not that hard to find this info on the internet. I know I did.

Maybe I am no longer in touch with the twitter generation, but I guess half an hour of research is much harder than a 2 min. post

Again, I'm not just saying this to be a jerk, I just think that we've become way too dependent on others.
Remember the days of looking up directions on a Thomas Guide?