to stanford fencer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

al

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read in a reply ofyours that you went to UCLA, and were told that more acceptances were given than available positions. Was this told at your interview by the admissions people, or a theory of yours? when did you interview? I would like to know because I interviewed there in late feb, and haven't been told of their decision. I'm wondering if they already accepted those they wanted from my interview batch, thus passing me up. Any info would be appreciated--thanks stan

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Al,
I was there feb 26th also and I haven't heard anything yet either. I e-mailed Kristy today and she said some people have been accepted from the last three interview dates (not sure how many though) and she said I need to wait at least 3 weeks for a final decision...ouch.

I'll definitely post if I hear anything though. ttyl

Most schools, of not all, accept more student that their class limit simply because not all students will decide to go there or pay the deposits. They have a lot of experience on these statistics thus, they kind of know how much people to give acceptances. For example, I think tufts accepts around 250-300 students when in reality ther is inly 150 seats per entering class. This is an approximate figure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Al. No, it wasn't a theory of mine. The admissions representative said that of the 88 spots or so that is being offered this year, more acceptances than that number have been sent out. She also said, however, that 40% of the people who are accepted do not go to UCLA.

I just got word that UCLA is mailing out stuff either today or monday.

Hey Stanford Fencer,
Just wondering who you talked with at ucla that gave you the info. Also, do you know if they're mailing out denials in addition to acceptances?
The reason i ask is b/c I spoke with Kristy and she said I probably won't find out for at least 3 weeks!

Kristy e-mailed me and said that a formal letter will be sent either today or next monday. hence, i figured that other letters are being sent around this time as well