Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another thread reminded me of something...Just curious...
Are most of you interested in all wildlife/exotics/zoo type animals....
I ask b/c I was very involved in my local zoo, did demos, keeping, feild studies, rehab, etc....and then for years I keep and/or bred a number of exotic critters. For a while I really planned to do the wildlife/exotics/zoo type medicine but have since, for various reasons, moved to equine/large animal....
Anyway...a number of people and vet students that I have talked to in the exotics type track only really like one or two species and sort of just put up with the rest. Like a common statement I've heard is something like: "I really like reptiles but hate birds, and will learn ferrets b/c they're where the money is..." When I wanted to do exotics I really liked everything and thought this was true of everyone....
So...do you all really like all the species or is your motivation more skewed to one or two?
Are most of you interested in all wildlife/exotics/zoo type animals....
I ask b/c I was very involved in my local zoo, did demos, keeping, feild studies, rehab, etc....and then for years I keep and/or bred a number of exotic critters. For a while I really planned to do the wildlife/exotics/zoo type medicine but have since, for various reasons, moved to equine/large animal....
Anyway...a number of people and vet students that I have talked to in the exotics type track only really like one or two species and sort of just put up with the rest. Like a common statement I've heard is something like: "I really like reptiles but hate birds, and will learn ferrets b/c they're where the money is..." When I wanted to do exotics I really liked everything and thought this was true of everyone....
So...do you all really like all the species or is your motivation more skewed to one or two?