to UNLV Students:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swolf

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks for taking a look at my post. I'll make it short. I snuck into your forum even though I'm a pre-dent. because I need your perspective on relocating to Nevada (from AZ). (the housing forum was no help) The question I have after looking a little is: what part of town should I avoid? I'm looking to rent a house or condo initially, or just a large room of a house with a quiet roommate. I'm currently waitlisted at UNLV, and am determined to go there. I love the school. Thanks for your time!!

Members don't see this ad.

swolf said:
thanks for taking a look at my post. I'll make it short. I snuck into your forum even though I'm a pre-dent. because I need your perspective on relocating to Nevada (from AZ). (the housing forum was no help) The question I have after looking a little is: what part of town should I avoid? I'm looking to rent a house or condo initially, or just a large room of a house with a quiet roommate. I'm currently waitlisted at UNLV, and am determined to go there. I love the school. Thanks for your time!!

The areas I would avoid are east and northeast las vegas, the edges of town are nice, southeast, southwest, west, northwest and north. Closer to the center of town is also less desirable

ditto. stick to border areas. everywhere takes about the same time to get to the campus since it is central to the city.

Members don't see this ad :)
swolf said:

I love the south part of the town, near henderson area. And this is where I'm living at. Next to freeway, I can drive to the main campus in 15mins and dental school in 25mins. Most of the houses here are newly develpoed so they look nice inside out. My buddy just rented a town house around Wigwam and Eastern and he and his roomate pay 900$ for a three story- three bed room - three bathroom town house, very roomy and fully furnished. If you have the money, you should buy instead of renting due to the fact the housing market here is still pretty hot.

ya, I will more seriously think about buying once I get up there and get to know the market a little bit better.