TO USC graduates

Started by mahya
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mahya

Deeply Motivated Dreamer
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to attend USC this Fall..I am very excited and I loved the school. The only problem is the high price of the school and the amount of loan I have to take in order to graduate. I was just wondering do you as a dentist make enough money to pay off the loans in 10 yrs and make a good living of around $8,000 a month!!! please let me know ASAP
 
mahya said:
I am planning to attend USC this Fall..I am very excited and I loved the school. The only problem is the high price of the school and the amount of loan I have to take in order to graduate. I was just wondering do you as a dentist make enough money to pay off the loans in 10 yrs and make a good living of around $8,000 a month!!! please let me know ASAP


Not if you work for someone else....If you work in SoCal you will earn 350-500 a day. Western Dental pays 350/day for graduates no matter what school you go to. If you go to Nocal the pay is more. Do the math....also, remember that its 350/day without taxes and such. Maybe you will take home 290-80 a day. This is in Socal.
 
$350 x5days x 52weeks.. (no vacation) = $91K.. that's less than what i thought.
 
food4thots said:
$350 x5days x 52weeks.. (no vacation) = $91K.. that's less than what i thought.

especially if you are in debt for $330,000.