To Void or not to Void

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sjs1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the MCAT May 1st (this Sat). I took a Kaplan prep class and have been studying some but not nearly as much as I would like cause of classes this semester taking alot of time away.

My diagnostic was a 20 and my full length tests haven't been much better. All lower than a 25, in that range, mostly low 20s. My goal is a 30.

I am still going to take it on May 1st just to get the experience and I am signed up for it...but should I void it or just see what I get. I feel like its a bad idea to take it and let the schools see you got a bad score?

My plan is to retake it on July 8th, I have all the BR books, EK 101 verbal and EK 1001 for Bio and all of the Kaplan books (but I won't have access to the Kaplan/AAMC full lengths that I get with my class cause they expire after my class does (in a week or so).

What do you guys think?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you have not ever scored higher than a 25 then you certainly will not score higher than 30 on the real deal. I would definitely NOT score the exam. Maybe you should go take it just to get the experience but I definitely recommend voiding it considering your situation.

Definitely void.

Call up Kaplan and ask about their higher score guarantee. You might be able to extend your online access. That said, if you take those practice tests preparing for your May 1st date, it's not worth renewing. You need NEW practice FLs and passages.

If I were you I would not even go as far as having to void the test. Ideally it is best to take it once and do well on it the first time. If you are not prepared I'd suggest trying to push your test date back if you still have time. It costs about $56 but that is a lot less than paying the full price for another examination. I also suggest aiming for a higher score. The lower you set your standard the lower you are likely to perform.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you I would not even go as far as having to void the test. Ideally it is best to take it once and do well on it the first time. If you are not prepared I'd suggest trying to push your test date back if you still have time. It costs about $56 but that is a lot less than paying the full price for another examination. I also suggest aiming for a higher score. The lower you set your standard the lower you are likely to perform.
I though less than two weeks out u cudnt reschedule,cancel,or push ur date balk withoutb receiving any money back. Is this is the case cud u possibly receive half of ur funds if u pay 56 and then decide to cancel cause ur test date was more than two weeks away

VOID. if you cant get out of it now.. and Im assuming you cant, def def void. they say dont rely on practice exams to "diagnose" your real score.. but if yorue not scoring somewhere AROUND your target on the practice exams.. then let me repeat myself.. save yourself the heart ache.. VOID.

happy friday.

If you're not getting above a 25, you probably won't get a 25 or above on the real MCAT. Also, if you're taking Kaplan FL's ... then those scores aren't even remotely close to what you're going to score on the real thing. Kaplan inflates their scores (big time).

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother sitting for the test. If you void the test it won't even be scored, and you won't have any idea how you did. You can't truly replicate the testing conditions any more than you could by sitting in a quiet room with a computer, because the real crux of "testing conditions" comes from the anxiety of knowing that this is the "real thing." It won't be the real thing if you know you're going to void.

I vote to try and push the test date back (if that's cheaper), or just cancel and sign up for the July examination. Hurry, because seats fill REALLY fast.

I also agree with SN2ed that you need to get new practice material. Have you used the AAMC tests yet? Taking a practice AAMC under strictly simulated conditions would give you a more accurate score than anything Kaplan will give you.