toefl from ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAculaPhD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering how strict ICO is regarding their toefl exam requirement for non-native speaker. I've been living in the states for 13 years, completed hs and 4 year degree in the states as well. I did fairly decent on the reading comp on the oat(340). Would they consider waiving this? Anybody with any experience in this?
Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

The quickest way to get an answer is to call or email admissions.

Even if you do have to take the exam, given your background, sounds like you have nothing to be afraid of.

Thanks, I actually talked to them. Apparently it's common to get it waived and all you need to do is submit a formal business letter along with your supplemental indicating why you think you shouldn't have to take the exam.

ps: I'm not sure about other ppl, but for me personally- ICO takes the longest of all the schools to reply to me. It took them about 10 days to reply to each email. Calling is definitely more efficient (unless it's something you want to have written down to keep for your record).