Toefl/tse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I graduated High School and have an AA and a BS here in the US.
I have also wrote papers for scientific journals.
English is my third language, but I didn't even think about taking this test, because I've been here for more that half my life. Some people don't even notice I have an accent.
I am a US Citizen. and I have a 4/5 in the Writing portion of the PCAT.
Suddendly, I realize, what if they ask me for my TOEFL/TSE?
I don't even know where to begin. Never mind that it may be too late to get it in for this year.
My file is complete, but I don't want to call attention to this fact, so I am not going to ask the admissions office.
Does anybody have any experience similar to mine?

Members don't see this ad.

usi said:
So I graduated High School and have an AA and a BS here in the US.
I have also wrote papers for scientific journals.
English is my third language, but I didn't even think about taking this test, because I've been here for more that half my life. Some people don't even notice I have an accent.
I am a US Citizen. and I have a 4/5 in the Writing portion of the PCAT.
Suddendly, I realize, what if they ask me for my TOEFL/TSE?
I don't even know where to begin. Never mind that it may be too late to get it in for this year.
My file is complete, but I don't want to call attention to this fact, so I am not going to ask the admissions office.
Does anybody have any experience similar to mine?
No, I don’t think they will ask you to take TOFEL. Last year my friend was in similar position you are in right now. She has a very thick accent and her English isn’t that good either, but she got accepted in UF.

Valencia,
Thank you. I was allright until I saw today the new Admission Requirements & Preprofessional Course Requirements, in the Student Affairs website.
This is very recent because, I check this often and even the font is new.
it says ALL (yes in capital letters) students whose second language is english.
I remember checking that in PharmCAS.
I'll let you know. I hope I am like your friend!
Thank you!

usi said:
Valencia,
Thank you. I was allright until I saw today the new Admission Requirements & Preprofessional Course Requirements, in the Student Affairs website.
This is very recent because, I check this often and even the font is new.
it says ALL (yes in capital letters) students whose second language is english.
I remember checking that in PharmCAS.
I'll let you know. I hope I am like your friend!
Thank you!
Ow! Please let me know because English isn’t my first language either, and believe me I don’t want to take TOFEL. I will call my friend and I will ask her about it too.:luck: