toledo...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scuff

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..
all the best for the match.anybody who matches at toledo programs...and if inetersted in keeping in touch..please keep scraping this post.
I am waiting for you guys........

Members don't see this ad.

Are u in residency in Toledo??? thats where I went to med school.....its a decent place to be with a dirt-cheap cost of living!! let me know if you need any advice or have any questions!!

hey..I will be joining in toledo..what about u.??.can u please suggest some nice 2 bedroom apt.in toledo..esp.west of toledo....thanks buddy

I'm headed to St. Vincent for internship and would like apartment info as well.
I've heard to look at places in the west/south part of town. Any recommendations for a safe/ kid-friendly place would be appreciated. Any places to avoid? Thanks in advance

hey even I am spending most of my time in reserching about the apartments in west or south toledo...I have finalized a few..let us see if any vacancy is there or not...where r u from??

I will be starting residency at Flower Hospital and have been looking for a furnished 1 BR or studio apt in the West Toledo/Sylvania area. I've been having a hard time finding a place that is furnished w/o having to pay an outrageous rent (like $900). Any suggestions?

Any experience w/ the following apts and/or their neighborhoods?
- Tamarack Creek
- Kenwood Gardens
- Olde Towne Univ Square
- Country Club at Inverwest

Thanks! See you in Toledo!

I'm currently a student at UT. The cost difference between furnished and nonfurnished would allow you to buy your own furniture and have it all paid for within a few months' time.

Kenwood Gardens: Not a bad apartment compared to several around, but not the nicest either. It has a very "institutional" feel to it. At one point it was public housing and at peak capacity it was home to 5000 residents (I toured these apartments and they told me that). The one person I know who lived there moved after a year.

In general if you stay north and west of the UT main campus you'll be fine. Similarly if you stay west and south of the UT Health Science campus you'll be fine. Anything in any of the suburbs (Sylvania, Holland, Springfield, Maumee, Perrysburg, Oregon, etc) are great. Right downtown there are a couple of apartments that apparently are fairly nice. Also check out areas just north of the Ohio border in Bedford Twp. It's a nice area that is growing at a pretty good clip and is close to Flower, Toledo Hospital, and St. V's.

In Toledo there are several houses that are for rent. I've found that these houses typically rent for approximately the same price as two-bedroom apartments. You may want to check into that if you want more room. Buying a house is also a possibility for those staying here for a few years. You can easily find a 2 or 3 bedroom house in a nice Toledo neighborhood for $120,000. I almost bought a house when I moved here but decided I didn't want to shovel snow and mow the lawn.

use the savings from not getting a furnished apartment and take those savings with you on the 45 minute drive north to ikea. borrow a truck from a friend or rent one for a day. enterprise is cheap.

I'll be completing my internship at St. Vincents in 07 then starting anesthesia at U. Toledo in 2008. May 22nd, after graduation, I'll be flying up to scope out the area and find a place to live. I hear it's a nice place to live and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the programs.

There was good info. posted earlier on good locations to live. Is there anyone else from Toledo or moving to the area that would be willing to share their wisdom on good locals?