Tomorrow's PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Debster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I take the PCAT tomorrow at 2pm(thank God, I don't function well in the a.m.). How exactly is it going to be? I read that you can't bring food, drinks, cellphones, etc... Do you have to leave your stuff in your car? I would hate to have to do that. I want them close by. Do I have the Pcat format correct? Writing 30 min., Bio 30 min., Chem 30 min., Writing 30 min., Reading Comprehension 50 min., Quantitative 50 min. Is this the right? Also, do we get a break after each section or every other section, and for how long?

Members don't see this ad.

leave all your stuff in the car.
i don't know about the format.
one 15 minute break in between I believe. you can buy drinks/snacks from vending machines if you got em.

Hey I take the PCAT tomorrow at 2pm(thank God, I don't function well in the a.m.). How exactly is it going to be? I read that you can't bring food, drinks, cellphones, etc... Do you have to leave your stuff in your car? I would hate to have to do that. I want them close by. Do I have the Pcat format correct? Writing 30 min., Bio 30 min., Chem 30 min., Writing 30 min., Reading Comprehension 50 min., Quantitative 50 min. Is this the right? Also, do we get a break after each section or every other section, and for how long?

In August we got one break between the second writing portion and Reading and it was only 10 minutes! My brain didn't have enough time to recuperate. I brought food with me in a backpack that I kept under my chair. Since we only had 10 minutes, I ate my sandwich and granola bar while waiting in line to use the bathroom!

It's a good idea to bring a wrist watch to keep track of time because the clock that was in my room (actually we took the exam in a cafeteria) was behind me and I kept having to turn around to see it.

I had my cell phone in my bag as well, but it was completely off the whole time I was there.

Also remember to dress in layers in case it's too hot/too cold in the room.

Good Luck everyone! :luck:

Can you take off or put on a jacket during the test? have some napkins with you? I'm a little bit sick.

I am off to bed. I will have a nice breakfast in the morning and I am bringing along a snack for the break. Hopefully I don't hurl it all up because of how nervous I am. :eek:

I know TMI. Take care and good night.