VTDent

5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I haven't heard back from any schools yet, I guess thats a good thing but I'm starting to get nervous that I won't get an interview.

I have a 3.77 overall and a 3.67 science gpa in Biochemistry. On the DATs I had:

PAT:19
QR:17
RC:19
Bio:20
Chem:18
Ochem:18
Science:18
and AA:18

OP
V

VTDent

5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Late July, and it says schools didn't get until late August

OP
V

VTDent

5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Ya Im from VT

I applied to:

VCU
Boston
NYU
Pitt
Temple
Marlyand
Southern Cal
UoP

Aug 22, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
What I have been doing is looking at predents and seeing if people who applied after me have gotten interviews. If so, I assume that I was passed up for the first round of interviews.

It seems like you have a solid GPA but I am not too sure where you fall in regards to the DAT. Last time I applied (two years ago) I had average stats and heard from my state school late January for an interview in February.

Don't give up yet. That said, when I was in your position, I started thinking about how I could improve my application if I needed to apply again around January. I would retake the DAT if you don't hear back for this cycle. I really hope you do though.

Best of luck.

Sep 14, 2010
Status
Dental Student
It is definitely way too early to panic. Too early to worry...maybe not. However, you have decent stats and you shouldn't worry. If you still don't have any interviews the first week or so after Jan. 15 (this is the date that all the Dec. 1 acceptees must decide on school), then it is time to panic. Until then, hang in there :thumbup:.

Aug 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Any reason why those schools?
VCU (Homestate, lots of post-dec interviews, you'll get one for sure)
Boston, NYU and Southern Cal (interview late, most of their pre-dec interviewers won't go)

Temple (maybe)

Req. high gpa and high DAT
Marlyand
UoP
Pitt

mflinchb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2008
IN
Status
Dental Student
It is definitely way too early to panic. Too early to worry...maybe not. However, you have decent stats and you shouldn't worry. If you still don't have any interviews the first week or so after Jan. 15 (this is the date that all the Dec. 1 acceptees must decide on school), then it is time to panic. Until then, hang in there :thumbup:.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I believe Louisville told us at my interview that ADEA changed the period to 30 days if you are accepted on 12-1. Did anyone else hear this at other interviews? I looked online but couldn't find anything that didn't say "45 days". Guess I'll find out if I get good news on Dec. 1

If it is 30 days, that would mean you may know sooner, VTDent

EDIT: I found it
"
Q: If I am extended an offer of admission to dental school, how long do I have to accept or decline that offer?
A: Most U.S. and Canadian dental schools adhere to ADEA guidelines regarding the timing of offers of admission. Admission offers can be extended, starting December 1 for the following year's entering class. Individuals accepted between December 1 and January 31 have 30 days to accept or decline an offer of admission; those accepted after February 1 have 15 days to respond. The response period may be lifted after May 15 of the year of matriculation."

Source:http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/aadsas/Applicants/FAQs/GeneralInformation/Pages/Deadlines.aspx

But other ADEA resources say 45 days. Strange.

Last edited: