too late for AMCAS? (TX resident)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amalfi.aqua

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my TMDSAS app back in June and I have one II so far. LizzyM ~71. I finished my last TX secondary a few weeks ago; I didn't do the TCOM secondary. Good EC's (I think).

At first, I decided to not apply to Baylor College of Medicine through AMCAS because I thought my MCAT was too low and my research experience is limited. One of my mentors (an attending) said awhile back that BCM is a "long shot" but I have nothing to lose but the app fee. At that point, I decided to go for it.

Since I've been working full time this summer, time has crept up on me and I haven't finished AMCAS yet. At this point (8/16), is it even worth my time and money to apply through AMCAS just for BCM? I can probably submit in the next few days. BCM is my dream school (I love Houston -- UTH is my second pick) but I'm a realist. I'll be more than happy to go to a TMDSAS school. Baylor is just the Texan pre-med's pipe dream.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. With that being said though, it is a long shot due to how late it already is.

just apply. its not great but its fine.