too late for AMCAS? (TX resident)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Amalfi.aqua

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my TMDSAS app back in June and I have one II so far. LizzyM ~71. I finished my last TX secondary a few weeks ago; I didn't do the TCOM secondary. Good EC's (I think).

At first, I decided to not apply to Baylor College of Medicine through AMCAS because I thought my MCAT was too low and my research experience is limited. One of my mentors (an attending) said awhile back that BCM is a "long shot" but I have nothing to lose but the app fee. At that point, I decided to go for it.

Since I've been working full time this summer, time has crept up on me and I haven't finished AMCAS yet. At this point (8/16), is it even worth my time and money to apply through AMCAS just for BCM? I can probably submit in the next few days. BCM is my dream school (I love Houston -- UTH is my second pick) but I'm a realist. I'll be more than happy to go to a TMDSAS school. Baylor is just the Texan pre-med's pipe dream.
 
Last edited:
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. With that being said though, it is a long shot due to how late it already is.