Too late for D.O.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ayushi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm so confused so if you could help me out that woudl be great. Fpr D.O. schools the deadlnes say like September and december for AACOMAS apps, but my advisor just told me that my primaries should be in by no later than June 8th! The only thing is I only now have been able to get enough money to send in my apps next week! Eeek! Am I screwed? Is it too late? I'm a decent applicant for sure I have a 28S on my MCAT and I have a 3.62 cGPA.

Members don't see this ad.

It's too late to be an early applicant, but it's not to late to apply. Get your application going now as it takes a while to be verified. Don't listen to your adviser, as they generally don't give the best advice. Get your application in now and fill out and secondaries you can as soon as you receive them.

Good luck.

I think your adviser might be confusing DO with MD schools. I applied to DO schools way late in September and I still got in.

Members don't see this ad :)
June 8th is way early for both DO and MD schools. You're fine. Just get it in ASAP.

Hey guys I'm so confused so if you could help me out that woudl be great. Fpr D.O. schools the deadlnes say like September and december for AACOMAS apps, but my advisor just told me that my primaries should be in by no later than June 8th! The only thing is I only now have been able to get enough money to send in my apps next week! Eeek! Am I screwed? Is it too late? I'm a decent applicant for sure I have a 28S on my MCAT and I have a 3.62 cGPA.

What's up with June 8? Why the second Sunday of the month? You should get your app in superquick, but it's not too late. Also, remember that you can add more schools later if you can't afford to add them all now. This is better than continuing to wait, due to financial reasons.

Scrape together all the money you can, quickly, as secondaries cost more than the primary, and you'll want to submit them ASAP after receiving them!

Everything is fine, this time last year I didn't even take the MCAT yet and I got in.

I had my applications in by July 15th and still had no problem hearing back from schools well before Christmas. I think you are fine but like others have said, get working on putting the application together and get it out ASAP. Good luck!

I submitted my primary apps by July 15th as well and got plenty of secondaries/interviews by the fall. The thing that will hold you up is making sure all your transcripts have been sent in and have received. It can take 3-4 weeks to see them confirmed. I think this and the final app actually being sent out to the schools is the biggest hold up. They actually mail physical applications to the designated schools instead of sending it electronically. Be prepared to get your secondaries in quickly. Good Luck

It's too late to be an early applicant, but it's not to late to apply. Get your application going now as it takes a while to be verified. Don't listen to your adviser, as they generally don't give the best advice. Get your application in now and fill out and secondaries you can as soon as you receive them.

Good luck.

aint that the gosh darn truth :-(