Too late for interview invites?

Started by sirkay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sirkay

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I submitted my application for a multitude of dental schools a while back and it has been verified and everything but has been on hold due to my recommenders' delay in letter of recommendation submissions. One of my recommenders has submitted their letter, but I'm waiting on the other two who have said that they will submit it this week/next week. I just wanted to know if it is too late for me to get any interview invites (specifically for Indiana University as that is my first choice due to being in-state). I have been reading some of the posts on here and reddit and seeing the number of people getting interview invites from all the colleges I have applied to and can't help but get anxious as to whether or not my chances of getting a spot are gone.
 
Hi guys! I submitted my application for a multitude of dental schools a while back and it has been verified and everything but has been on hold due to my recommenders' delay in letter of recommendation submissions. One of my recommenders has submitted their letter, but I'm waiting on the other two who have said that they will submit it this week/next week. I just wanted to know if it is too late for me to get any interview invites (specifically for Indiana University as that is my first choice due to being in-state). I have been reading some of the posts on here and reddit and seeing the number of people getting interview invites from all the colleges I have applied to and can't help but get anxious as to whether or not my chances of getting a spot are gone.
please relax
we are only 5 weeks into this cycle
only a few schools have sent out their first batch of interviews...
 
please relax
we are only 5 weeks into this cycle
only a few schools have sent out their first batch of interviews...
Factually speaking I know I should relax, it's just that I'm seeing all these people getting their interview invites already and I just feel that my application is gonna be complete so late comparatively speaking. When do I need to have my application fully done by in order to still have a chance of getting an interview invite?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Factually speaking I know I should relax, it's just that I'm seeing all these people getting their interview invites already and I just feel that my application is gonna be complete so late comparatively speaking. When do I need to have my application fully done by in order to still have a chance of getting an interview invite?
This is where we wisely tell you to limit your time online. We definitely welcome you here, but don't get sucked into the anxiety vortices that social media channels have set up.

You can look up our Invitation Tracker over the years that shows how early schools reportedly begin sending out invitations. It's still early.

But to answer your question, wrap up submitting your AADSAS soon. I tell people everything should be sent out by July 4, so get your AADSAS done.

Revised: added link to 2026-2027 Invitation Tracker thread.
 
Last edited:
Factually speaking I know I should relax, it's just that I'm seeing all these people getting their interview invites already and I just feel that my application is gonna be complete so late comparatively speaking. When do I need to have my application fully done by in order to still have a chance of getting an interview invite?
you have a chance of receiving an interview invite if you submit on the deadline day (most schools in december)...
 
you have a chance of receiving an interview invite if you submit on the deadline day (most schools in december)...
jokes aside, there have NOT been "all these people" with interview invites
a few people have received invites at a few programs
as mrsm12 said, please step away from sdn and reddit and trust the process...
 
I also will mention we have Becoming a Student Doctor, which is an online resource I developed to help applicants and new students understand the healthcare landscape they will be entering and how health education is addressing these issues now. The course is organized around secondary essay prompts, but the content is mostly audiovisual and emotive. If you want to focus on what your future will be like and prepare for interviews, the course is for you.
 
Factually speaking I know I should relax, it's just that I'm seeing all these people getting their interview invites already and I just feel that my application is gonna be complete so late comparatively speaking. When do I need to have my application fully done by in order to still have a chance of getting an interview invite?
If it helps, submitting your application in the first month is considered early. Submitting it in the first two is perfect. You're gonna be fine! My biggest tip (despite me being someone who is actively responding on threads...) is DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO REDDIT OR SDN if you are prone to getting in your head, submit when your ready, and be prepared to wait A LOT.

Submit your application, and wait! Make sure you pay all the necessary fees, because some schools don't list on AADSAS that you have to pay a fee for them to review your primary application. Minnesota is a good example, they have a $95 dollar application review fee on their website you have to pay in-order for them to look at your primary...but it isn't listed on AADSAS, so definitley something to keep in mind as you submit primaries.

People don't submit primaries until August and still get in. So long as your transcript is good, DAT is okay, and you have a decent application, I bet you will get invites to some interviews!