Too Late for NYCOM interview???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

House

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application in late Oct/Nov-is it too late to get an interview?

Stats:

MCAT 26Q

GPA:3.6

Major: Chem/Biochem minor: bio

Experience shadowing DO, volunteering at hospital and nursing home, clinical research and undergrad chem research, mental health clinic volunteer, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

i am in the same situation w/ similar stats.

i hope we both have some kind of shot.

from what i understand, if you submitted your app to aacomas in Nov, it would take 6-8weeks so they should'ved reviewed our app end of Jan or... now. I think if we dont hear back from them by Feb 28th, our chances are slim to none.

They interview until early may...slim to none is harsh unless you have a below thier average mcat / grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I just got one yesterday and I submitted AACOMAS in late June. OOS applicant.

Damn Kuba! I am jealous :) I'm instate and haven't heard a peep from NYCOM

Thanks guys! I feel a little better-this is such a nerve-wrecking process!!!!

i am in the same situation w/ similar stats.

i hope we both have some kind of shot.

from what i understand, if you submitted your app to aacomas in Nov, it would take 6-8weeks so they should'ved reviewed our app end of Jan or... now. I think if we dont hear back from them by Feb 28th, our chances are slim to none.

Where else have you applied?

Wow, I'm already into UNECOM, but I wonder if I'll ever hear anything from my mid-July submission. Not that it matters, just curious. of course, it would be nice to get even rejections from the other 12 MD schools I applied to. I think if you give someone $75, they should have to reject you within 6 months.

i just got my interview invitation yesterday and i didnt have everything complete on aacomas until jan 4. the interview is scheduled for feb 15, btw. so keep hoping.

i just got my interview invitation yesterday and i didnt have everything complete on aacomas until jan 4. the interview is scheduled for feb 15, btw. so keep hoping.

wtf mate..
what are your stats if u dont mind me asking...?

(oh and Congrats!)

Wow, I'm already into UNECOM, but I wonder if I'll ever hear anything from my mid-July submission. Not that it matters, just curious. of course, it would be nice to get even rejections from the other 12 MD schools I applied to. I think if you give someone $75, they should have to reject you within 6 months.

lol I feel ya on that.. im on the same boat..

at least a rejection letter! stop giving us the false hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
they are still sending invitation....................

As far as I know they interviewing until March so dont lose hope.

I just emailed the admissions office and they let me know that they started reviewing OOS applicants the third week of January and will be sending invitations in the mail. *Crosses fingers*

I just emailed the admissions office and they let me know that they started reviewing OOS applicants the third week of January and will be sending invitations in the mail. *Crosses fingers*

Wow! They have one helluva strong ISS preference!

I got my interview invitation/secondary in the mail from NYCOM on thursday and scheduled the actual interview for next thursday. i thought they had forgotten about me!

Lookie here. I've decided and now NYCOM knocks on my door. Great...

Lookie here. I've decided and now NYCOM knocks on my door. Great...

Oh NO! We aren't going to have to go through THIS again with you, HOD, are we?!!! :scared:
We can't take it!! Don't go! Please don't GO!!! ;)

Besides, you really don't want to be surrounded by all those Yankees fans, DO YOU?!!

NYC is the greatest city.. I can't say you are not in a tough position

I got my interview invitation/secondary in the mail from NYCOM on thursday and scheduled the actual interview for next thursday. i thought they had forgotten about me!

good luck:):luck: :luck: :luck:

Not that I'd agree with that statement, but either way, it's not in the city, it's on Lon' GIsland!

Yes, but then the city is less than "an hour drive" away.

Oh NO! We aren't going to have to go through THIS again with you, HOD, are we?!!! :scared:
We can't take it!! Don't go! Please don't GO!!! ;)

Besides, you really don't want to be surrounded by all those Yankees fans, DO YOU?!!

WOOT! YANKEES!!!:clap: :laugh:

it's now the second week of feb.:p