too late for oct interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exeunt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it too late to receive an interview invite (if granted one) for late sept/oct if i went complete a few days ago? my school has a committee process and didn't send in my letters until very recently.. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school I guess, I completed UF's secondary sometime in early Sept. last year and interviewed in mid October.

It does depend on the school, but I'd say generally not. I think I got an October interview invite in early September. I'd say by the middle of September would probably be too late at most places - the tend to stay 1-2 months ahead.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it too late to receive an interview invite (if granted one) for late sept/oct if i went complete a few days ago? my school has a committee process and didn't send in my letters until very recently.. :(

My first interview was in November. I went on to six interviews and had six acceptances with my last one coming in March. Most schools will interview until the class is solidly filled and then go to waitlist. Just get you AMCAS in as soon as you can if you need the advantage of early submission because your grades/MCAT score is a bit on the lower side of average (for matriculants) at your particular schools.

Definitely depends on schools. Emory doesn't start until October, Vandy's first one was like a week ago, Wake is booked through September, I think Pitt doesn't have any open slots until November... completely school dependent.
I've been complete at Pitt since July 2nd, and if I got an invite today, it wouldn't be until November. So it really just depends on when the school starts and how late they get to you.