Too...Late......PCAT today...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiko

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first time taking PCAT and I am not very happy with how I did today. The morning session was easy....but Maths was a disaster. I had to guess 10-12 questions :scared: and I felt really really bad about it. I knew how to solve most of the questions but I ran out of time. For all October PCAT-ers, review your organic chem 1 notes, read any microbiology book( I prepared using cliff's microbiology quick review book), just know your very basic biology, for maths do many calculus questions.....and finally do as many practice tests possible under timed condition. Timing is very very important......I am stressing this more.......PCAT is definitely doable, but timing is what makes it tough.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same feeling. I also run out of time for math section. But I have excuse, I am pregnant with twins. hoho
Well, if my score is not too bad, I will use it for the application.

This is my first time taking PCAT and I am not very happy with how I did today. The morning session was easy....but Maths was a disaster. I had to guess 10-12 questions :scared: and I felt really really bad about it. I knew how to solve most of the questions but I ran out of time. For all October PCAT-ers, review your organic chem 1 notes, read any microbiology book( I prepared using cliff's microbiology quick review book), just know your very basic biology, for maths do many calculus questions.....and finally do as many practice tests possible under timed condition. Timing is very very important......I am stressing this more.......PCAT is definitely doable, but timing is what makes it tough.

thnx dude for these tips..i was planning to take the exam in january, but i am now thinking to take it in october and do NO SCORE OPTION to get to know the system since it will be my first time, when u say microbiology what topics we should cover,,what diseases, how depth ...

they went into very specific detail about microorganisms, plants, and diseases. im not sure if i can say what they were, but i dont really remember anyway haha because i had so idea what they were! im sure they wouldnt be on the next pcat anyway i thought it was way harder than june so maybe oct will be easier if everyone bombs math and bio

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it in June and did terrible in math (65), but I did swell on everything else and my composite was great (93).

So if it's just one section you feel bad about, then don't sweat it.

I took it in June and did terrible in math (65), but I did swell on everything else and my composite was great (93).

So if it's just one section you feel bad about, then don't sweat it.

Exactly. :laugh: some of you kill me with your "Oh man Im so scared I did awesome on every section, but I had to guess on 3 in 1 section". You will be fine. Some people, including myself haha, did much worse.

Exactly. :laugh: some of you kill me with your "Oh man Im so scared I did awesome on every section, but I had to guess on 3 in 1 section". You will be fine. Some people, including myself haha, did much worse.

I know, huh? :laugh: I did so bad on the math; I had completed 1/2 the questions when he said "5 minutes left" :eek: