too late to add a few schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adam82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My gf wants to add 6 more schools to increase her chances.. do you think its too late.. the deadlines for these schools are 3/15 and 4/1, are the spots pretty much filled? the schools are -nova, missouri,illinois,scco,pco and neco. Her OAt score was a 320, gpa 3.15..what do you think her chances are?

Members don't see this ad.

adam82 said:
My gf wants to add 6 more schools to increase her chances.. do you think its too late.. the deadlines for these schools are 3/15 and 4/1, are the spots pretty much filled? the schools are -nova, missouri,illinois,scco,pco and neco. Her OAt score was a 320, gpa 3.15..what do you think her chances are?

umm im not sure what to say here... how many schools has she already applied to and why hasnt she already heard something from them? I think those scores should be find to get her into at least 4 of the schools you listed but im not really sure why she would apply this late in the game. if she has applied to several other schools and hasnt had any interviews yet i would be pretty worried as to what was wrong with her app that she hasnt gotten any interviews yet; i guess i would say at this point its probably a pretty big waste of money to be applying to 6 schools.... those scores should be competitive at pretty much every school so unless she only applied to one school im not really sure why she has a problem....

cunikki said:
umm im not sure what to say here... how many schools has she already applied to and why hasnt she already heard something from them? I think those scores should be find to get her into at least 4 of the schools you listed but im not really sure why she would apply this late in the game. if she has applied to several other schools and hasnt had any interviews yet i would be pretty worried as to what was wrong with her app that she hasnt gotten any interviews yet; i guess i would say at this point its probably a pretty big waste of money to be applying to 6 schools.... those scores should be competitive at pretty much every school so unless she only applied to one school im not really sure why she has a problem....

she only applied to 3 schools (suny, pacific,sco) to start with but only last month.. personal reasons.. now she is worried that she is too behind in the game so she wants to increase her chances by adding more schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
adam82 said:
she only applied to 3 schools (suny, pacific,sco) to start with but only last month.. personal reasons.. now she is worried that she is too behind in the game so she wants to increase her chances by adding more schools.

ouch; im not really sure what to say about that. suny and pacific especially are pretty competitive schools; so i really dont know... all the schools you mentioned do say that they accept applications through march but at this point in the process i would think that she would need some pretty great scores to have a shot. is there any way she can call some of those schools and find out if shes going to be getting interviews? i feel like if she gets 2-3 interviews she should have a good shot of getting in ...
i would say maybe apply to nova and pco; they have very large classes and might still be interested... 6 schools is a lot of wasted money; especially if she will have to apply again next year because classes will be full... it might also help to try and call some of the schools and feel them out; how many people they have offered admission to already; i know that every school i have spoken with has said that application numbers are up this year; and i know that pco, neco and scco have already offered spots to fill up about 3/4 of their class already....

adam82 said:

In the past month I have interviewed at 3 schools: PCO, IU, and OSU. All three schools indicated that there are still plenty of spots to fill and they are actively looking for students. Specifically, PCO told me they were at about 80 of 150 just 3 weeks ago or so. Word of caution in applying late: be sure to stay on top of the status of all missing pieces of the application (recommendations and transcripts), for they often can be lost in the mail or misplaced at the college. This could delay an interview invitation and surely the acceptance. Also, schools have mentioned that they take many students off the "wait-list/alternate list" every year. So even if the class gets filled, some people change their minds and seats frees up. Best of luck to your g-f!