too late to apply for Jan 2008 SGU class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rheezy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know the actual deadline hasn't passed for SGU's Jan 2008 class, but it seems like people started applying MUCH earlier! Does anyone know how close they are to filling their class? I just decided to apply since I didn't get into an SMP program... any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You still have a decent amount of time. Generally speaking, the closer you get to the semester, the better your stats need to be to secure a spot. So if you have a weak MCAT or GPA, then the earlier the better.

Thanks McGill,

From what I've researched, I think I have average stats to get in (29 MCAT, 3.4 overall GPA, 3.1 Science GPA), but I'm definitely going to turn in my app ASAP so I have a decent shot of actually getting in.

Thanks McGill,

From what I've researched, I think I have average stats to get in (29 MCAT, 3.4 overall GPA, 3.1 Science GPA), but I'm definitely going to turn in my app ASAP so I have a decent shot of actually getting in.

The stats look good for sending in your application at this time. I would wager that you will be accepted, but only the adcom will decide that. Your MCAT is higher than their average (i.e. 26) and your GPA is on the mean.