Too Late To Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gail Cohen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the deadline for 4 of the schools i was going to apply to is monday, im so freaked out about rejection, i cant push the button. is it to late and a hopeless cause, especially because i have to retake the dat.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, it is extremely late to be applying right now, even if you had high scores. However, if you say that you need to retake the DAT, then applying this year would definitely be a waste of money. Spend the time to really study and get a good score on the DAT, and then get your app in by the end of May. That will give you a much better shot at getting in next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also considering retaking DAT, but I thought most schools don't accept dat taken after Dec 1. - -a

is it true if the schools dont have the app. fee and official transcripts buy the deadline they wont accept your app.

is it true if the schools dont have the app. fee and official transcripts buy the deadline they wont accept your app.

you mean is it true that schools actually enforce their DEADLINES? then, yes.

its too late, apply in May for next year for entering class of 2010

you mean is it true that schools actually enforce their DEADLINES? then, yes.

but is this what they mean by "deadline" ? or is the deadline day they give the last day in which you can submit your AADSAS..

it's pretty vague if you ask me.. but if you are right then I am out 3 schools :( f!#$#$$@#$

I would definitely wait until next year. So many schools do rolling admissions that they probably won't get to you in time, even if you have amazing stats. Take a year and do other stuff and submit as soon as AADSAS opens up next year.

the deadline for 4 of the schools i was going to apply to is monday, im so freaked out about rejection, i cant push the button. is it to late and a hopeless cause, especially because i have to retake the dat.

retake the DAT and be ready for when the next application cycle begins.