Too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bvann

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey ya'll. i'm still relatively new here and have been reading probably every thread on here in regards to optometry lol. but i was just wondering, i'm going to take the OAT on dec 29th and still have yet to submit my application. reason being, is that i can't fill out all of the "coursework" field with all of my classes b/c i don't have a copy of my transcript! and since it's the holiday season, my school (university of arkansas-fayetteville, woo pig sooie ha) registrar won't be open until jan 4, so that's the earliest i can scoop a copy... i believe i'm pretty competitive with a 3.54 gpa, 72hrs of shadowing, work at lenscrafters as a lab tech, member of both AED and NSCS, and really solid LORs. i know it's still hard to say just HOW competitve i really am since i need to take the OAT still, but am i looking good so far in still getting into c/o 2014?

also one more question... does having an LOR from an optometrist that is an alum of your school of choice help sway acceptance even slightly? thanks a lot for any eyes reading this.
-B.V.

Members don't see this ad.

No, not too late. Focus on your OAT. You'll get in if you do well.

But once you get your OAT and transcript materials, don't delay in applying because deadlines are coming up for various schools. For example, UC Berkeley already closed its doors. While rolling admissions plays a factor too, I don't think you need to worry about them with your profile and the amount of time there still is.

I applied and interviewed on the last days possible for my school but still got in because I was a good applicant.