Too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent1011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone knows which schools are Canadian-friendly in the U.S. (Accepts Canadians)

I was also wondering if there are any schools that would still accept apps / you would have a chance at for Fall 2013.

Any information is appreciated... thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I think you got the wrong forum, this is the optometry forum.

But anycase, the newer schools are still open I believe... but they are closing up very soon too... Puerto Rico is also still open for another month... You have a chance but its considerably harder now than say a 2 months ago when the established school was still open.

Hey, I think you got the wrong forum, this is the optometry forum.

But anycase, the newer schools are still open I believe... but they are closing up very soon too... Puerto Rico is also still open for another month... You have a chance but its considerably harder now than say a 2 months ago when the established school was still open.

Thanks for your reply - no I am looking at Opt schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
RSO posted less than a 1 week ago that they are still accepting applications. Just make sure you submit the supplementary which is found on there page.

I don't know if you have already started on the optomcas application, but if not get to work and hopefully you already have at least 2 letters of recommendation. One from a teacher and other from optometrist.

If you have not yet submitted the Optomcas application then it is likely too late. RSO and MCPHS's deadlines are in May, but the Optomcas app takes 4-6 weeks to be verified, therefore, I don't think you'd make it in time.