Too late to Pharm-tech?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

collegegrrl06

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so I'm a first year pre-pharm student and I've been volunteering at the VA pharmacy since August but I really want to be a pharm tech...1. Because I'll be getting paid 2. Because I'll be able to do more things 3. Because pharm schools look for them! So I was wondering if I could just take the certification test and get on the job training because I'm in college and I don't have time to go to a tech school.( I should have when I was in high school). Please give me all the info you know.
 
Well I worked at a pharmacy in high school for two years and never got certified. I recently was just hired at a hospital pharmacy as a tech and still no certification. I'm applying to school as we speak...I don't think they were happy that I got an interview out of state, oh well.

But I'm sure you could find something without being certified. Go to an Eckerd if there is one around you.