Too late to take DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentistWanaB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I e-submitted my application last Tue 6/24. I'll be taking the DAT for the very first time. My scheduled test date is 8/25. Is that way too late?

Members don't see this ad.

No way thats just fine just do well on your firstattempt and you are good.

But it could be a little late for a few schools like Case which has already begun their review process and given out interview invites starting today! :eek:

Final answer: Check out your favorite schools' website or call them to make sure their reviewing process timeline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I e-submitted my application last Tue 6/24. I'll be taking the DAT for the very first time. My scheduled test date is 8/25. Is that way too late?

Ideally I would say it would be better to take it a few weeks earlier, but if you need until the end of August to be ready for the test, then thats when you should take it. The best time to take the exam is when you are ready. :) End of August for the DAT is certainly not too late. You have submitted your application already which is great, so schools will be ready to review your application as soon as you complete the exam. Just make sure you really use the next months to fully prepare. Good luck!

If you do great in your DAT is not late. now focus in your DAT and ace it!
Good luck :thumbup: