Too Late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted433231

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I am taking the DAT in a few weeks and was also wondering if that is too late. My application is complete, but I thought I needed to wait to have my DAT score to submit.
You are saying that we are able to submit our application before taking the DAT?

Thank you!

This is somewhat of a gray area. The general consensus is adcoms will not review one's application until all aspects of it are complete but I had a fairly late DAT last year - well past August - and had interest in my application pending the results of the exam. I called the programs I applied to and confirmed everything else was in. As soon as I was able to fax the unofficial DAT report I received interview invites before the official report was even in AADSAS. So, this really depends on each school but in my case, n=1, my application was cursorily reviewed before taking the DAT and submitting the unofficial report.

Outrun, do you know what schools you applied to allowed you to send a fax the unofficial DAT scores, it seems like most wont let me unless if it is the real thing.

I would submit before your DAT scores. It will take about 2 weeks to get your DAT scores on AADSAS after taking the test, and then between 4 to 6 weeks to verify GPA. In the meantime, you could verify your GPA ahead of time while waiting for your DAT