too late??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lschwaber

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in applying to DO schools and was on the aacom web site today and realized there are a couple schools that have deadlines that have not yet passed TUCOM, WUCOM. Is it too late to apply? Or better stated, is it too late to apply and have a chance at getting in if one has a relatively good MCAT score and GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

in my opinion yes, it is too late. for the most part, schools already have a close to full class and you might just be interviewing for a waitlist spot.
spruce up the resume some more, take time off, have fun, and apply next year.

lschwaber said:
I am interested in applying to DO schools and was on the aacom web site today and realized there are a couple schools that have deadlines that have not yet passed TUCOM, WUCOM. Is it too late to apply? Or better stated, is it too late to apply and have a chance at getting in if one has a relatively good MCAT score and GPA?

lschwaber said:

i think you'd probably have to have one heck of an application at this point to get much of a look. i'd save your money for next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
lschwaber said:
I am interested in applying to DO schools and was on the aacom web site today and realized there are a couple schools that have deadlines that have not yet passed TUCOM, WUCOM. Is it too late to apply? Or better stated, is it too late to apply and have a chance at getting in if one has a relatively good MCAT score and GPA?[/QUOTE

Yes, it is too late to apply. It would be a waste of money and effort. Apply in May for the next class.

Though for the most part I agree with eveyone else who's posted, that you're too late to get much consideration, I do have to admit that what influenced me to apply late was reading mdapplicants. There were people who posted on there that they applied to DO schools right at the deadlines (specifically COMP whose deadline is April 15) and eventually got an acceptance.

You are definitely playing the odds right now though. If you can wait until next year, then that would be best. But if you're just aching to start this fall, then it's up to you to risk paying the money to apply to schools that may have filled their slots. The only other thing I would suggest, if you really want to apply now for this fall, is to call those schools with deadlines still to come and ask directly if they still have slots open. My guess is they'll be fairly up front with you and can give you an idea of what kind of a shot you have at getting looked at if you apply right now. Good luck with you decision!