Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Too late?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DieselFuel, Nov 29, 2005.

1. DieselFuel

DieselFuel New Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Maybe a bit? It seems most people here already have acceptances, or interviews. I sent my app in August, and then there were some BS problems with one of my transcripts, namely, my school forgot to send them. Now they just got them this month, my app is PENDING to be sent.

Am I too late? I mean, now maybe secondaries, and more apps, and LORs, then interviews?!

I didn't think August was too late, but with these problems...I dunno. Let me know what y'all think.

dF :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mj1878

mj1878 Water good...
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student

Yikes! I wish I could be optimistic for you, but it is pretty late right now, and your application hasn't even gone out to the school yet! I would definitely apply to a broader spectrum of schools, if you haven't already (like all of the DO schools).

Are your LORs ready to go out the door the instant you get secondaries? If not, do what you have to do to make sure you get them ASAFP!

Even if you application gets shipped out, say, next week, it will be another 2-4 weeks for secondaries, and then you have to fill them out, so say another 2 weeks for that, and THEN it goes under review, and that's IF they have all of your letters of rec. At the soonest, then, you're looking at the middle of January for consideration for interview, and by then the lion's share (about 80-85% or more of the seats will be filled. You'll likely be interviewing for a waitlist spot, which they mostly rank by MCAT and GPA. Send everything out overnight mail, though, get your LORs in order, and do it quickly. You might still get an interview somewhere.

4. Canuck99

Canuck99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    ouch, that is a rough situation. I assume that you and your school are not on great terms. Was it the fault of one person in particular? If you have good to amazing stats you should be in good shape. What are your stats? Fortunately, most DO schools interview into the first few months of the new year, so there is a chance for you.

5. DieselFuel

DieselFuel New Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

Well...mixed results I guess. I will always have a sore spot for a certain Community College in my area now. I am going to send all my stuff as fast as I can, and we'll see. I can't handle this med school app process anymore!

dF

6. Iceageheatwave

Iceageheatwave RiniMonster
    7+ Year Member

meh, i am submitting my application horrendously late as well. today, to be specific. For whatever reason ive kept delaying it. I have only myself to blame and will not be disappointed if i do not get an acceptance.

7. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    I have several classmates that didn't apply until the spring. Don't worry about it.