Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a few questions I hope some people can answer.
Some stuff came up earlier in the semester and I havent been able to apply to any Post-bacc / masters programs for the fall yet. Luckily, a lot of these programs have the deadline in July. My intentions are to then enter med school in 2008. My plans were originally to apply for 2007 but I realize that any work done this fall and spring wont appear for my med school application. I have a less than impressive 3.1 gpa but the good thing is I have nothing but As and Bs the past two years (I was diagnosed with ADD around then and my grades shot up from Ds and Cs).
Anyways I also just took the MCAT this April but unfortunately I dont think I did too well. I only studied for one week (I know, this was bad). I was going to not even take it but then just decided to see whats up and took it, thinking I would just void it later. For the amount of work I put in, it went very well. I probably made 12 or more on the verbal, 7 or higher on biology, but I really didnt know half the questions in PS so I have no idea what to expect (at least I finished everything on time lol). The reason I didn't end up voiding it is because I did so well on the verbal, wrote two killer essays, and thought I did ok on the bio. Looking back on it I should have voided because any score I make will be nowhere near my potential so I would retake again anyways. I plan on retaking it either in August or April (and this time actually study). So theres my grades situation.
Based on this, what are the chances of me getting accepted into a good post bacc/masters program in the Fall? I would prefer masters but I realize that I really need to get better science grades. I looked at the Drexel MPS program and they are still accepting applications until July 14th. But they only accept 35 spots so I dont even know if I have a chance, especially if my MCAT scores comeback subpar. Any other good programs anyone can point out for me? I would prefer if someone tell me the competitiveness of each program that they recommend too (would I get in with my grades?). Also I really wanted to do something this summer, maybe even take some classes. Any recommendations on programs there would also be appreciated. Just kinda lost right now and trying to figure out what I want to do for the next year or two. Thanks in advance!
Some stuff came up earlier in the semester and I havent been able to apply to any Post-bacc / masters programs for the fall yet. Luckily, a lot of these programs have the deadline in July. My intentions are to then enter med school in 2008. My plans were originally to apply for 2007 but I realize that any work done this fall and spring wont appear for my med school application. I have a less than impressive 3.1 gpa but the good thing is I have nothing but As and Bs the past two years (I was diagnosed with ADD around then and my grades shot up from Ds and Cs).
Anyways I also just took the MCAT this April but unfortunately I dont think I did too well. I only studied for one week (I know, this was bad). I was going to not even take it but then just decided to see whats up and took it, thinking I would just void it later. For the amount of work I put in, it went very well. I probably made 12 or more on the verbal, 7 or higher on biology, but I really didnt know half the questions in PS so I have no idea what to expect (at least I finished everything on time lol). The reason I didn't end up voiding it is because I did so well on the verbal, wrote two killer essays, and thought I did ok on the bio. Looking back on it I should have voided because any score I make will be nowhere near my potential so I would retake again anyways. I plan on retaking it either in August or April (and this time actually study). So theres my grades situation.
Based on this, what are the chances of me getting accepted into a good post bacc/masters program in the Fall? I would prefer masters but I realize that I really need to get better science grades. I looked at the Drexel MPS program and they are still accepting applications until July 14th. But they only accept 35 spots so I dont even know if I have a chance, especially if my MCAT scores comeback subpar. Any other good programs anyone can point out for me? I would prefer if someone tell me the competitiveness of each program that they recommend too (would I get in with my grades?). Also I really wanted to do something this summer, maybe even take some classes. Any recommendations on programs there would also be appreciated. Just kinda lost right now and trying to figure out what I want to do for the next year or two. Thanks in advance!