Too many application cycles?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Jamie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure there have been threads like this, but I didn't know what to search for exactly.
A while back someone told me that some dental schools may not let you apply more than three times. I really don't know how reliable this person was, I think he may have been a liar. Then, my advisor told me she's known of someone that applied 5 times, and got in on that fifth time!
So, do you all know if there are there any kinds of limitations on how many times you can apply to most dental schools? How many of you have applied more than 2 or 3 times? I know its essential to improve my app every time I apply, but it just keeps getting more selective with how many great applicants there are. Anyway, anyone out there have any first hand experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any first-hand experience with this, but I can tell you that there aren't any limits as to how many times you can apply. You are correct that you must improve your application each time you apply (along with applying to different schools in an attempt to broaden your net).

wow, 19 times! I can't imagine how difficult that must have been. That guy sure is motivated. But I can understand how he feels. If its what you want to do, you won't be happy any other way.