Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Too many IAs? Does time matter?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by holdthemayo, 05.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. holdthemayo

holdthemayo 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)

Last edited: 05.22.16
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting.... Lifetime Donor SDN Administrator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Verified
    Physician
    Verified
    PhD
    Verified
    Faculty
    The 20-year-old you was clearly not mature enough for med school; if you had applied right out of college, those IAs would be an issue. Now that you're in your 30s? Well, you're long past being old enough to possess alcohol, and my reaction is to laugh about that prank call rather than to hold it against you.

Goro likes this.
  4. holdthemayo

holdthemayo 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)

Last edited: 05.22.16
  5. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting.... Lifetime Donor SDN Administrator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Verified
    Physician
    Verified
    PhD
    Verified
    Faculty
    As I told the other user who was asking if a past record would come back to bite her, time is your friend. A stupid prank like this can elicit a shrug or even seem funny because it's something you did 10+ years ago when you were a dumb college kid. It wouldn't be funny though if you had tried to apply to med school while you were still that same dumb college kid.

Goro likes this.
  6. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    Time heals all wounds, and ten years is plenty of time to show that the you of then is NOT the you of now. You'll be fine as an applicant.

About the ads