Too top heavy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zymogeneer

in ____ we trust
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a couple weeks from being verified and I was wondering if there were any other school I should add to my list. Thank you for any feedback!!

Biomedical Engineering
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.7
MCAT: 13 BS 12 PS 8 VR
Worked throughout college as an EMT (2,000+ Clinical Hours)
Research 1 Year (Poster Presentation)
Volunteer Organizations 3 Years leadership 4 Years Involvement
A couple awards
CA resident

Stanford
Cornell
Pittsburgh
UCSF
Mt. Sinai
NYU
UCLA
Case
Mayo
UCSD
Einstein
Boston
Georgetown
UCI
Stony Brook
Loyola Stritch
Penn State
Tufts
Drexel
Keck/USC
Temple
George Washington
UCD

Members don't see this ad.

Nah, that looks good to me. Look up oos schools that have an odd preference to cali residents because there is such a thing.

I think it's a little top heavy but let's see what others say.

Also that 8 in VR is not really something good schools like to see :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Its gonna be tough to get into UCSF/Cornell/Stanford/Sinai w/ an 8VR.

I'd add a couple more to bring it to 25 schools if you plan on keeping the above.

Unless you have extensive community service in underserved communities and/or really like the programs at GW/GT/BU, then I would look into other schools as safeties. All 3 get >10k apps/yr (crapshoot) and have preference for mid-east coast (GT/GW) or northeastern (BU) applicants.

Also the above 3 don't put as much emphasis on clinical experience as some other schools do when evaluating apps.

Besides where you're already applying, other schools that are known to more strongly value clinical experience and volunteering:
RFU, UCF, USF-Select, VCU, EVMS, Vermont, Albany, Rochester, Colorado, Wisconsin

OP your stats are completely average (3.6/33 unbalanced) . I think you should refocus your list.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk