Took DAT today Aug 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MickeyMouse45

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I took the DAT test today (first time), and I got
AA 21
TS 20
BIO 19
CHEM 23
ORGO 22
QR 21

I want to know if I will get into any schools. and what to do to increase my chances. Please help! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You are A OK! I don't say any reason why you will not get interviews. Since your GPA is above 3.5 and your DAT is 21/above, trust me you'll be fine. Those scores are considered competitive.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine yesterday. I similar scores. 21 AA with 21TS 20 PAT. I thought for a moment the scores weren't real. The lady at parametric asked if my scores were good cause she doesnt really see people with 20+. This forum is mostly filled with top notch scores. It settled after a few minutes that a 21AA 21TS is an amazing score. Think about how jealous those that can't get near our scores. i am not saying this to brag. I am saying this because we should appreciate our great work. I wanted to get a 20 AA 20TS and like an 18RC with 19 PAT. Cause i knew that would get me into a school somewhere. We shouldn't feel down we didn't have some 97%tile and above score. A 21 from what I've read is about 90-96% so be happy.

Low key my QR was so hard, i was happy i got an 18. There was notation I have never seen in my life. Looks bio is where they got you on the hardness.

Reactions: 2 users
I took mine yesterday. I similar scores. 21 AA with 21TS 20 PAT. I thought for a moment the scores weren't real. The lady at parametric asked if my scores were good cause she doesnt really see people with 20+. This forum is mostly filled with top notch scores. It settled after a few minutes that a 21AA 21TS is an amazing score. Think about how jealous those that can't get near our scores. i am not saying this to brag. I am saying this because we should appreciate our great work. I wanted to get a 20 AA 20TS and like an 18RC with 19 PAT. Cause i knew that would get me into a school somewhere. We shouldn't feel down we didn't have some 97%tile and above score. A 21 from what I've read is about 90-96% so be happy.

Low key my QR was so hard, i was happy i got an 18. There was notation I have never seen in my life. Looks bio is where they got you on the hardness.
I took mine yesterday too. I studied alot for bio but i felt like questions were more conceptual then mere memorizing so I just guessed on most of them. Congrats for getting 21 21 :highfive:

Hi,
AA 21
TS 20
BIO 18 (it was super hard. sigh!)
CHEM 23
ORGO 22
QR 21
RC 22
PAT 19
(I did not know that we draw hole punch grids etc at the beginning of the test. Once I finished science, PAT section appeared and and was shocked and nervous. I drew grids while taking PAT and ran out of time. Thus, did bad) :(:unsure:
I did Bachelor in Biochemistry and graduated last year with science GPA 3.58 and cumulative GPA 3.68. (I didn't take any class at community college. not sure if it matters. ) I am depressed with my score. I was a pre med till my junior year and switched to predental in senior year so I have 2016 as my gap year. I enjoyed studying for DAT exam :soexcited:. MCAT was boring :sleep:. I want to know if I will get into any schools. and what to do to increase my chances. Please help! Thank you.

Congratulations Mickey! Fantastic scores, don't worry about the Bio, it is indeed a tricky section..You shined in those Chem's and reading. Dental schools will be pleased with these scores and your GPA. I doubt you will get asked but on the outside chance you get asked on an interview why you scored lower on Bio I would have an answer prepared.

Enjoy the rest of summer! You deserve it.

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
AA 21
TS 20
BIO 18 (it was super hard. sigh!)
CHEM 23
ORGO 22
QR 21
RC 22
PAT 19
(I did not know that we draw hole punch grids etc at the beginning of the test. Once I finished science, PAT section appeared and and was shocked and nervous. I drew grids while taking PAT and ran out of time. Thus, did bad) :(:unsure:
I did Bachelor in Biochemistry and graduated last year with science GPA 3.58 and cumulative GPA 3.68. (I didn't take any class at community college. not sure if it matters. ) I am depressed with my score. I was a pre med till my junior year and switched to predental in senior year so I have 2016 as my gap year. I enjoyed studying for DAT exam :soexcited:. MCAT was boring :sleep:. I want to know if I will get into any schools. and what to do to increase my chances. Please help! Thank you.
I think you're fine! You have good grades and no glaringly low scores! And yes DMikes is a legend; second only to the great feralis senpai (or maybe not feralis didn't really ace math like he did xD).

The people at my prometric center were so emotionless. Either everyone does well or they just really have no clue/don't care about what the scores mean o___o. And yes SDN makes people crazy. I thought my 20 was awful because of this forum looool. Well my dad made me think so too and I knew I choked so yeah lol. SDN while it is helpful can serve to only stress people out more sometimes. We're a bunch of nut cases on here. That or everyone lies ;)