Took DAT today, DONE!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentchica

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad I'm done!!

i'd been studying nonstop for the past 3 weeks, Here are my scores....

QR 20
RC 21
Bio 27
GC 19
OC 20
TS 21
AA 21
PAT 17 eek!

(the high bio and low PAT were big surprises)

I'd been getting around a 20 on the practice tests for the pat so i figured i'd be fine. is this too low for acceptance into schools? i'm worried

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations awesome scores Bio:D:D.
So which books did you use??, are you a biology major?? Did you only study for 3 weeks.... How was your method of study???

Your scores are fine. I also had a 21 AA and 17 PAT on my DAT, and my PAT was never even brought up during a single interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so glad I'm done!!

i'd been studying nonstop for the past 3 weeks, Here are my scores....

QR 20
RC 21
Bio 27
GC 19
OC 20
TS 21
AA 21
PAT 17 eek!

(the high bio and low PAT were big surprises)

I'd been getting around a 20 on the practice tests for the pat so i figured i'd be fine. is this too low for acceptance into schools? i'm worried

Don't worry about PAT but wow what did you use to study for the exam? Did you only study for 3 weeks???

haha, no i didnt study for only 3 weeks, i wish i could've done that.... i studied for the past 3 MONTHS maybe 5-10 hrs a week and then all day for the past 3 weeks.

i just read the kaplan books and made notecards... a good portion of the bio questions weren't in the kaplan book though, i just knew them from all of my classes (bio major) and i guessed really well.

the review for ochem and genchem were pretty good though, i would recommend it and i didnt study for math or RC

Awesome job, especially bio. Don't worry about your PAT score, I don't think it will be an issue at any school you apply to.

What was your strategy for RC?

no strategy, in fact, i knew about 1/4 of the answers without reading the passages b/c i knew the topics really well. i guess i could've done a little better if i'd them read them more carefully. thanks though

But thanks everyone, you've made me feel a lot better! and i don't mind giving advice at all!

haha, no i didnt study for only 3 weeks, i wish i could've done that.... i studied for the past 3 MONTHS maybe 5-10 hrs a week and then all day for the past 3 weeks.

i just read the kaplan books and made notecards... a good portion of the bio questions weren't in the kaplan book though, i just knew them from all of my classes (bio major) and i guessed really well.

the review for ochem and genchem were pretty good though, i would recommend it and i didnt study for math or RC

Thanks for the advice. I think I may be doing overkill. I study 9hrs per day and do about 25 practice questions from destroyer. Should I slow it up? I am aiming for a 25 seriously. You didnt use any other books apart from Kaplan??? NO destroyer???

Thanks for the advice. I think I may be doing overkill. I study 9hrs per day and do about 25 practice questions from destroyer. Should I slow it up? I am aiming for a 25 seriously. You didnt use any other books apart from Kaplan??? NO destroyer???

nope. that's it. i know ppl have said kaplan isn't good enough, but i thought it was, at least for the chems. as for RC/QR/PAT i really didn't do much. but then again i was aiming for 20-22. i mean a 25 is pretty intense, that's like missing 1/2 questions on the science and <4ish on the rest of the sections. it seems like so much of this test is up to luck, so even if you study everything/know it all there might be a few that throw you off. if youre taking it soon, don't slow it down, that's my advice.