Took DAT Today!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CCR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished DAT today. Here are my scores:

PA 18
QR 15
RC 17
Bio 20
GC 18
OC 18
TS 19
AA 18

Took DAT last year (2006). This years DAT is WAY harder. I am happy with an 18. I literally wanted to walk out half way through the first section. I thought I was going to bomb it. I had 24 minutes to finish the OChem section. Good luck. Seems like overall scores are lower this year, so I am happy my score went up. I hope an 18 is competitive. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

PA 18
QR 15
RC 17
Bio 20
GC 18
OC 18
TS 19
AA 18

Took DAT last year (2006). This years DAT is WAY harder. I am happy with an 18. I literally wanted to walk out half way through the first section. I thought I was going to bomb it. I had 24 minutes to finish the OChem section. Good luck. Seems like overall scores are lower this year, so I am happy my score went up. I hope an 18 is competitive. Good luck!!

sahweet good job. you are definetly in:thumbup:

i don't think DAT is any harder this year. what did you study? a friend studied only the destroyer book and that destroyed his score. he is retaking it this time studying like a human being.

good luck to you

PA 18
QR 15
RC 17
Bio 20
GC 18
OC 18
TS 19
AA 18

What did you get on Topscore, mind if I ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah CCR, could you tell us what you were scoring on the practice exams? I have mine coming up and was just wondering how they compared. Also.. were there any sections that caught you off guard? Like really hard bio or something like that since you said your time on Orgo was short? thanks and your scores are good.. you totally in! congrats

I studied Kaplan, Topscore, and mainly Destroyer.

Topscore-

PA 18-20
QR 17-19
RC 19-21
BIO 19-20
GC 17-19
OC 19-21

CCR, care to post any specific questions you can remember? Esp. hard ones?

My head is still spinning- 4.5 hour test definitly takes it's toll. I don't remember to many specifics now it's over, but I do remember thinking it was just over the basics. Don't get carried away studying obscure concepts.

My head is still spinning- 4.5 hour test definitly takes it's toll. I don't remember to many specifics now it's over, but I do remember thinking it was just over the basics. Don't get carried away studying obscure concepts.

thank you CCR for sharing your personal experience!
I'd like to echo what CCR said and that is "Don't get carried away studying obscure concepts". I am hearing this over and over from people who have recently taken the DAT. It's mostly about the basic concepts.

CCR, care to post any specific questions you can remember? Esp. hard ones?

:thumbdown:

C'mon guys, it is against ADA policy to disclose copyrighted material especially when the consequence is an unfair advantage for other test takers. You guys are going into professional school so this would be a good time to practice professional integrity and ethics.

Members don't see this ad :)

C'mon guys, it is against ADA policy to disclose copyrighted material especially when the consequence is an unfair advantage for other test takers. You guys are going into professional school so this would be a good time to practice professional integrity and ethics.
You would have a different opinion if you had not taken the DAT.

take Kei as an example (sorry Kei), He/she gives it a thumb-down cuz he's going to UCSF this August.

You would have a different opinion if you had not taken the DAT.

No i wouldn't. I empathize your anxiety for the test, but I believe in hard work as a means to success...not an unfair advantage. Ive been on this site for over a year...i used this site to acquire studying methods and tips, NOT specific questons. Besides, what kind of logic is that? so so long as you haven't taken a test it is more permissible for you to break rules? What your asking for is, in lamest terms, cheating and is prohibited on SDN...which is to say the least. More importantly, it shows character. If you want to get a good score, work for it.

take Kei as an example (sorry Kei), He/she gives it a thumb-down cuz he's going to UCSF this August.

Keibee gave it a thumbs down because the score was average. Not because she got into UCSF. Your being presumptuous.

People keep asking me to post specific questions from the DAT. I won't do that, but I will say what best prepared me for the test. I studied alot of my own notes, but without Dr. Romano and Nancy with the DAT Destroyer, I know I would not have done nearly as well. Both of them made themselves available whenever I had a question....day or night, and I feel like the Destoyer gave me the most confidence going into the test.

But don't be mistaken - nothing can replace good old fashioned hard work, lots of study hours, and determination. There is no quick answer to doing well on the DAT.

No i wouldn't. I empathize your anxiety for the test, but I believe in hard work as a means to success...not an unfair advantage. Ive been on this site for over a year...i used this site to acquire studying methods and tips, NOT specific questons. Besides, what kind of logic is that? so so long as you haven't taken a test it is more permissible for you to break rules? What your asking for is, in lamest terms, cheating and is prohibited on SDN...which is to say the least. More importantly, it shows character. If you want to get a good score, work for it.
It would be stupid if you started your first sentence with "Yes, I would." right? You said you wouldn't was expected; as well as all the good moral talk. Other SDNers will have their own opinion on our opinions, don't get all work up (you probably say you didn't anyway.)

It would be stupid if you started your first sentence with "Yes, I would." right? You said you wouldn't was expected; as well as all the good moral talk. Other SDNers will have their own opinion on our opinions, don't get all work up (you probably say you didn't anyway.)

You're right, you can have your own opinion. However, you seem to keep missing my point, so allow me to point out where you are wrong:
First: Your entitled to your opinion, but what your suggesting is revealing copyrighted material on a online public forum. This is cheating. I don't really know how else to put it...um...yea...cheating isn't...allowed. Please ask questions if this still confuses you.
Second: Your pretentious. You assume I only made that comment because I already took the DAT. Where in reality, i was in your shoes one year ago...and i just studied hard...much like most other people do. You don't gain special treatment bc you haven't taken the test yet. Its kind of like a right of passage. Same goes for the comment made by Keibee, you assume she is knocking on the score because she already got in. In her opinion (which i agree with), the score can be improved. I thought you liked opinions...well theres one for you.
Third: Your inability to grasp a simple point. I don't care if you have an opinion, more power to you. However, revealing test questions will get this thread locked by the moderators (because its prohibited). Its not your thread, go make one and get that one locked up.
Fourth: Your a hypocrite, your saying I'm getting worked up? maybe...of course, when i repeat the same thing over and over again, and you still don't get it...i guess its inevitable isn't it? (i bet your gonna say it isn't...:smuggrin:). But your also getting bent out of the shape because now you can't get free hook ups.

Anyway, I'm not interested in arguing with you over the basic principles of cheating any further. We're hi-jacking this thread and nothing more constructive can come from our discussion. My apologies to the OP, your a person with integrity and i have no doubt you will get into dental school. GL.

Keibee gave it a thumbs down because the score was average. Not because she got into UCSF. Your being presumptuous.

didn't meant to be offensive, but i gave thumbs down cuz 15 in any section of dat may give you some trouble. Some schools have cutoffs and 18AA wouldn't be that bad if you have a decent gpa, but with an average to low gpa, you know there is some risk to it. It is possible you can get in somewhere but if you have low gpa, then i would retake it just to be on the safe side.

You're right, you can have your own opinion. However, you seem to keep missing my point, so allow me to point out where you are wrong:
First: Your entitled to your opinion, but what your suggesting is revealing copyrighted material on a online public forum. This is cheating. I don't really know how else to put it...um...yea...cheating isn't...allowed. Please ask questions if this still confuses you.
Second: Your pretentious. You assume I only made that comment because I already took the DAT. Where in reality, i was in your shoes one year ago...and i just studied hard...much like most other people do. You don't gain special treatment bc you haven't taken the test yet. Its kind of like a right of passage. Same goes for the comment made by Keibee, you assume she is knocking on the score because she already got in. In her opinion (which i agree with), the score can be improved. I thought you liked opinions...well theres one for you.
Third: Your inability to grasp a simple point. I don't care if you have an opinion, more power to you. However, revealing test questions will get this thread locked by the moderators (because its prohibited). Its not your thread, go make one and get that one locked up.
Fourth: Your a hypocrite, your saying I'm getting worked up? maybe...of course, when i repeat the same thing over and over again, and you still don't get it...i guess its inevitable isn't it? (i bet your gonna say it isn't...:smuggrin:). But your also getting bent out of the shape because now you can't get free hook ups.

Anyway, I'm not interested in arguing with you over the basic principles of cheating any further. We're hi-jacking this thread and nothing more constructive can come from our discussion. My apologies to the OP, your a person with integrity and i have no doubt you will get into dental school. GL.
Your new post and content aren't too much different from your previous post. Your 5-lines post had been expanded to n lines post with no new information. Your 1-3 points had previously been discussed.

For your point 4, plz look up the dictionary for the word "hypocrite". You misunderstood the meaning of it.

Your new post and content aren't too much different from your previous post. Your 5-lines post had been expanded to n lines post with no new information. Your 1-3 points had previously been discussed.

For your point 4, plz look up the dictionary for the word "hypocrite". You misunderstood the meaning of it.

Um...yeah i know. I even said...i was going to repeat myself because of your inability to understand. And as for you, have you even brought up any valid points? I called you a hypocrite because your persistence shows how you yourself get worked up. The difference is your bitter but you don't really have anything to say. goodness, your not gonna end this are you :rolleyes:

Give it a rest. Envision is right, you are wrong. Have a little integrity. Of course there are people who want to know questions that are actually on the DAT. Envision & I just aren't "those" people and unfortunately you are. Integrity is a valuable trait that will help you many times in the future. My advice is find some, study hard and do well on the DAT. Good luck in your endeavors.

are you provided with the formula during the DAT or do you have to memorize every single formula :(

PA 18
QR 15
RC 17
Bio 20
GC 18
OC 18
TS 19
AA 18

This is actually the OP....and to the OP, good luck with your application, I wish you all the best. I do think the 15 in QR could hurt you, but call each of the schools you are applying to and ask them. I think Keibee said it already that many schools do have a cut off point. Otherwise, beef up that personal statement and EC's.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Give it a rest. Envision is right, you are wrong. Have a little integrity. Of course there are people who want to know questions that are actually on the DAT. Envision & I just aren't "those" people and unfortunately you are. Integrity is a valuable trait that will help you many times in the future. My advice is find some, study hard and do well on the DAT. Good luck in your endeavors.

I agree with ddstobe a little bit. I personally would have loved to hear a few questions straight from the DAT - not to cheat by knowing a question (because they must have thousands of questions they could use) - but to see the exact type of question that could appear on the test. If I knew the difficulty level I would be up against, that would definitely help me out when it came time to study. Hopefully these people who ask for exact DAT questions are only asking to get a sense of what the test is like, and not to fish for questions that might appear on their test.

I agree with ddstobe a little bit. I personally would have loved to hear a few questions straight from the DAT - not to cheat by knowing a question (because they must have thousands of questions they could use) - but to see the exact type of question that could appear on the test. If I knew the difficulty level I would be up against, that would definitely help me out when it came time to study. Hopefully these people who ask for exact DAT questions are only asking to get a sense of what the test is like, and not to fish for questions that might appear on their test.

I see where you are coming from. That I can understand. After I took the test I actually posted something on the type of questions I saw. In that respect I do not disagree. But it appeared to me that he was asking for specific questions. I also do know from talking with other people after we had taken our DATs that they do recycle the questions quite often and there are a limited number of versions of the test. In fact, one of my future classmates and I had the exact same test. So when I hear people asking for questions I don't really see it tha same way. Funny thing is I am the type of person who says "have integrity" but at the same time I will never narc on someone for cheating, never tattled never will.

lifeisgood: I don't know if you had read the entire thread before you pointing a gun at me. All I did was giving USU24 a thumb-up.

What's the big deal with wanting to know what the questions were? No one is making him tell us and even if it is unprofessional or unethical, if you feel bad about it, no one is making you read them. There's no harm in asking...

I see where you are coming from. That I can understand. After I took the test I actually posted something on the type of questions I saw. In that respect I do not disagree. But it appeared to me that he was asking for specific questions. I also do know from talking with other people after we had taken our DATs that they do recycle the questions quite often and there are a limited number of versions of the test. In fact, one of my future classmates and I had the exact same test. So when I hear people asking for questions I don't really see it tha same way. Funny thing is I am the type of person who says "have integrity" but at the same time I will never narc on someone for cheating, never tattled never will.

I'm a girl, by the way, don't assume everyone applying to dental school is a boy.
And if you're going to post a thread about taking the DAT today, I expect you to have a little more to show for it than your "scores" (everybody exaggerates). I maintain that there is nothing wrong with asking if he remembered anything in particular, and I have integrity coming out my ears.

What's the big deal with wanting to know what the questions were? No one is making him tell us and even if it is unprofessional or unethical, if you feel bad about it, no one is making you read them. There's no harm in asking...

My goodness, you Utahns are a feisty bunch, especially the girls! First of all let me say that I have already taken the DAT (which should be obvious) so why should it make any difference to me if I read the questions. It doesn't.

Secondly, this is exactly the point Envision & I were trying to make... that asking for questions is as you stated above....unprofessional & unethical. Would you take a cheat sheet with you into the DAT and whip it out right during the test? What's the difference if you have questions from the DAT and you happen to get the same version of the test as the person who told you? IMO, not much.

I'm a girl, by the way, don't assume everyone applying to dental school is a boy.
And if you're going to post a thread about taking the DAT today, I expect you to have a little more to show for it than your "scores" (everybody exaggerates). I maintain that there is nothing wrong with asking if he remembered anything in particular, and I have integrity coming out my ears.

In response to this comment, I was actually referring to ddstobe when I said "he". Not to mention you are being completely hypocritical by telling me "not to assume everyone is a boy" in one statement and then make a sweeping generalization in the next by saying that "everyone exaggerates" their scores. I have posted a copy of my scores before...here is the link.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=314860

Check out post #28.

Lastly, I might have to agree with you that integrity is coming out of your ears....unfortunately it must have all come out. Keep your integrity, study hard and do well on the DAT.

Oh, one more thing, I am dying to know what more could anyone possibly have to "show for (it)" than great scores before being eligible to give advice on the DAT. Please answer this one I really want to know.

Unfortunately that isn't for you to decide. How can you maintain something isn't wrong when it is specifically prohibited?

Ye i also heard from friends that the DAT got harder. However, even though they didnt score as high as others from last year they still got decent grades. They prepared using everything from Kaplan to destroyer to topscore and achiever. I think that grades have finally deflated and now 19s and 20 are back to being great scores, so you should be fine, good luck!

In response to this comment, I was actually referring to ddstobe when I said "he". Not to mention you are being completely hypocritical by telling me "not to assume everyone is a boy" in one statement and then make a sweeping generalization in the next by saying that "everyone exaggerates" their scores. I have posted a copy of my scores before...here is the link.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=314860

Check out post #28.

Lastly, I might have to agree with you that integrity is coming out of your ears....unfortunately it must have all come out. Keep your integrity, study hard and do well on the DAT. *LAME*

Oh, one more thing, I am dying to know what more could anyone possibly have to "show for (it)" than great scores before being eligible to give advice on the DAT. Please answer this one I really want to know.

Lame. Guess what? Ddstobe is a girl too, so you're still wrong. And posting your scores doesn't prove that you weren't exaggerating. If anything it proves that I was right.
I wasn't saying that he/she shouldn't post his/her scores or that what they were matters, I was saying that I don't want to read a thread about taking the dat if the person isn't actually going to talk about taking the dat. I don't think anyone has to be eligible to give advice, which brings me back to my original point, no one is making you take their advice, therefore if I choose to ask for advice why should you care.
Lastly, didn't you just generalize about the inhabitants of an entire state?

Unfortunately that isn't for you to decide. How can you maintain something isn't wrong when it is specifically prohibited?

Oh yeah? Who is specifically prohibiting that I ask? Even if it is wrong for them to tell me, that doesn't make it wrong for me to ask.

Lame. Guess what? Ddstobe is a girl too, so you're still wrong. And posting your scores doesn't prove that you weren't exaggerating. If anything it proves that I was right.
I wasn't saying that he/she shouldn't post his/her scores or that what they were matters, I was saying that I don't want to read a thread about taking the dat if the person isn't actually going to talk about taking the dat. I don't think anyone has to be eligible to give advice, which brings me back to my original point, no one is making you take their advice, therefore if I choose to ask for advice why should you care.
Lastly, didn't you just generalize about the inhabitants of an entire state?

I know ddstobe is a girl, she PM'd me yesterday. So I admit I was wrong, which apparently you are unable to do (just to make it clear for you I am saying that you are wrong for asking for specific DAT questions).

Additionally, I don't see you asking for advice anywhere in this thread...the only thing I see you asking for is "specific questions, esp the hard ones". If you want advice you need to ask for it. I am more than willing to help people for the DAT if they only ask. I am happy to tell about the types of questions I had on the DAT but will not give you specifics. I actually happen to have some stuff that would probably help you out. I offered it to ddstobe because she always responded to me with tact & class.

As for the "Utahns" comment I was actually referring to two people and I was speaking from experience. I had a run in a while ago on SDN with a female from Utah...that is what I was referring to. Now she and I get along very well. So maybe if we can get past this trivial argument, we might get along someday too.

Oh yeah? Who is specifically prohibiting that I ask? Even if it is wrong for them to tell me, that doesn't make it wrong for me to ask.

A little organization called the ADA. Call them up and ask "Am I allowed to ask for specific DAT questions?" I bet you already know the answer.

Unfortunately your being irrational. Just because you feel that it is okay to post specific test questions online, that doesn't mean it is okay. Test questions are copyrighted, and its distribution is prohibited from by the ADA. Its fine if you ask the poster to talk about their DAT...the problem is you asked for specific questions on the DAT. If you still firmly hold your grounds on ...this topic...just call up the ADA and maybe you guys could have a fun conversation on rules and ethics.

Are you still arguing about this? You are not allowed to see specific test questions, end of story. Don't try to change your story saying you were asking for advice because you were not. You clearly asked for specific test questions which is against the rules.

Lock this thread already.

I know ddstobe is a girl, she PM'd me yesterday. So I admit I was wrong, which apparently you are unable to do (just to make it clear for you I am saying that you are wrong for asking for specific DAT questions).

Additionally, I don't see you asking for advice anywhere in this thread...the only thing I see you asking for is "specific questions, esp the hard ones". If you want advice you need to ask for it. I am more than willing to help people for the DAT if they only ask. I am happy to tell about the types of questions I had on the DAT but will not give you specifics. I actually happen to have some stuff that would probably help you out. I offered it to ddstobe because she always responded to me with tact & class.

As for the "Utahns" comment I was actually referring to two people and I was speaking from experience. I had a run in a while ago on SDN with a female from Utah...that is what I was referring to. Now she and I get along very well. So maybe if we can get past this trivial argument, we might get along someday too.

A little organization called the ADA. Call them up and ask "Am I allowed to ask for specific DAT questions?" I bet you already know the answer.

Whatever, I really don't care that much. While it may or may not have been unethical for me to ask, I don't feel bad about it so your lecturing is pointless.

Unfortunately your being irrational. Just because you feel that it is okay to post specific test questions online, that doesn't mean it is okay. Test questions are copyrighted, and its distribution is prohibited from by the ADA. Its fine if you ask the poster to talk about their DAT...the problem is you asked for specific questions on the DAT. If you still firmly hold your grounds on ...this topic...just call up the ADA and maybe you guys could have a fun conversation on rules and ethics.

you just said the same thing as LIG. Nice work. Also, what's with all the elipses?

you just said the same thing as LIG. Nice work. Also, what's with all the elipses?

Yet you still don't seem to get it. As for yourself, you have not brought up any points. Your just arguing for the sake of argument. Nice work ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.