took DAT today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochigrntea

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I am a new member. However, I have been on this site very frequently for advice and tips. I just took my DAT today and i want to know what is everyone think? Do i have a chance to get into dental school?

PA - 21
QR - 16 :eek:
B - 18
GC - 20
OC - 20
RC- 17 :confused:

I already applied with a 3.37 non-science GPA and 3.36 science GPA. I am totally bumped on what happened to the math and the reading comp.

Please tell me what you think. Should I retake?
Thank you

Hey there dearest,

Your QR and RC are a little bit on the low side. I wouldn't worry to much about QR seeing how it is generally the least looked at subject (unless the school has a cut off). Your RC might pose somewhat of a problem because that is usually very highly regarded. Otherwise, your other sections look pretty solid. Congrats on PAT, looks like you did better than you expected!

Your score is liek mine,
Bio: 16
Orgo: 23
Chem :21
RC:17
QR:17
PAT :20

so what have you decided to do? I'm still not sure whether I should retake or not. I heard people talked about cutoff for certain schools so now i am worried even more :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am retaking b/c my scores are terrible:

PAT 19
QR 15 (Would avg 20-22 on this from Topscore/Achiever)
RC 16
Bio 17
Gen Chem 15
O Chem 15
Total Science 16
AA 16

The problem is I don't know when to retake and plan on meeting the Dean of Admissions to see what he thinks.

GPA 3.54 Non-Science 3.57 Science
Purdue University, IN

I am retaking b/c my scores are terrible:

PAT 19
QR 15 (Would avg 20-22 on this from Topscore/Achiever)
RC 16
Bio 17
Gen Chem 15
O Chem 15
Total Science 16
AA 16

The problem is I don't know when to retake and plan on meeting the Dean of Admissions to see what he thinks.

GPA 3.54 Non-Science 3.57 Science
Purdue University, IN

Hey...I'm from indy too. I have an appointment with Dr. Kasberg on the 8th and I'll let you know what he thinks. I say you should retake b/c your scores are a bit on the lower side.

Yeah, they are abominable. I appreciate you telling me what Kasberg will say, he is a really straightforward person and I'm looking forward to hearing the truth from him again. I have a 3.54 Non-Sci/3.57 Science GPA from Purdue. When I first met him, he said get at least 18's on the exam and you should be fine. The first question I have to ask him is, by what date should I retake (is there a deadline that I need to have the scores in by) and am I still in the running for the 08 cycle since I have had to take the exam twice. Also, does he average or take the last DAT exam. Those are my list of questions, two short ones really. But, I'm hoping it will shed a lot of light on what I'm going to be focusing on for the next 6 months.

That's what he told me last cycle as well...get an 18+ on all sections but that didnt work out for me. :(

If you see him before aug. 8th, will you ask him how important the QR section really is? I got a 14 on that section but all my other scores are pretty good.

That's what he told me last cycle as well...get an 18+ on all sections but that didnt work out for me. :(

If you see him before aug. 8th, will you ask him how important the QR section really is? I got a 14 on that section but all my other scores are pretty good.

I see Decan is still worried about his QR = 14. Don't feel too bad; I'm in the same boat. Good luck man!

I don't think I'll see Kasberg before Aug 8th, as I just sent out the request for an appt yesterday (Fri) and they will have to look at his calendar before they book. Last time, I remember I had to wait a month, and that was April! So, I don't want to keep your hopes up that I'll see him first. I'll let you know what date I get though. Hmmm, I'm very disappointed that you didn't get in with the 18's. I'm confused now, Why not? Does he give that 'empty' promise to everyone who visits? You can PM me.