Took DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsony2284

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i just took the DAT and it was not what i expected at all. I studied and took the Kaplan class and thought i knew all my biology, chem and most of my orgo. I was scoring 19-20 on PAT on kaplan tests and reading was pretty high also. But on the real thing was harder with pressure of time against me and the biology was soo different. Either way i only used Kaplan to study and i feel i need more PAT practice from a better source. I am looking to retake the DAT in July- August and want to break an overall score of 20-22.

I just ordered TopSCore, Destroyer, AP chem book, Secrets to the DAT and a couple of sample tests that were on ebay for very cheap for practice. I was wondering what else i should add to my enslaught of study material. I need something to undertsand and learn all the organic. I heard achiever is good but isnt that an old program?? Also, was anyone felt rushed at the math section it seemed like there was never enough time to finish some of those problems without riushing and making educated guesses. Please advise.

Members don't see this ad.

Except the science section, the rest of the test really emphasizes speed. All the material in those other sections isn't necessarily hard, but takes most people a lot of time to do. Taking practice test should help you with that.

You need DAT achiever. It's pretty good for the PAT section. Kaplan does not cover the PAT too well and is too easy. If I remember correctly, Achiever was much better than Kappie in hole punching, angle determination and the 3d sections. Gl

Yea, I would get everything recommended here, it is good practice and with this test, practice makes perfect, especially for PAT section

Good luck with your studies!